RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Thanks! It’s one of my faves. I was happy I was able to track down one at a reasonable price. It really does have some amazing art and animation. Played through the first few levels with my wife last night. She really liked it too!

1 Like

Congrats on in the In the Hunt PCB.

Does it have the odd vertical resolution/scrolling/overscan that the PS1 version has? If so, you may want to run it underscanned on your PVM. It lets you see the entire play field at once.

I’m not sure why they designed it that way.

1 Like

Whoa, I didn’t know anything about that. I’ll have to mess around with it. But yes, when you move up and down the screen scrolls.

Yea on PS1 I think you press shoulder buttons (I forgot which ones) to make the screen scroll up or down since the game has a larger than standard vertical resolution for an SD CRT.

But if you underscan it with a PVM the entire window will be visible since it’s all rendered at once. It’s a very odd thing. It’s also why you often see the UI cut off on the bottom of the CRT in photographs.

I think it may have been underscanned on arcade cabinets too. I’m not sure though. There’s strangely no info on why the PS1 version does this online.

5 Likes

I found one on eBay, but it went for over $400 :confused:. I did manage to get Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact :sunglasses:.

Love the Namco PSX stick aesthetic.

eBay prices gona eBay. That’s waaay too much, I’m pretty sure they go for around 5000-7000 yen on YA. The 2nd Impact poster is fantastic, you sir, have great taste.

1 Like

Awesome photo work as usual!

1 Like

This Nacom joystick is great. All the buttons are really made well, and the stick is great. The metal top, and the weight make it feel premium. The Sega Dreamcast Green Goblin is my favorite arcade stick of all time, but the Namco stick is becoming my favorite the more I use it.

Thank you sir. I never used YA before, are they friendly with their shipping prices?

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Get out of here, the green goblin stick is my favourite too. I pad hack/modded mine with a PSX pcb so I can use it with more consoles (there are more PSX > Other joypad adapters than DC >) I love it that much. I’m actually going to sell my TE stick because I’m not a fan of the size, going to keep my High Grade though!

I use Zenmarket as a proxy, they bid on your behalf (for a fee of 300yen per order ) and offer various shipping options, from the cheap (SAL) to the more expensive (FedEX etc), they seem reasonable to me. It’s based on weight, I would imagine getting a single poster shipped to you will be well under $400. There are other proxys but I’ve had ten packages delivered by them and so far had no issues.

1 Like

Did you also switch the buttons out on the Green Goblin? How difficult was it?

Thank you! I’ll check out Zennmarket.

1 Like

So I finally managed to snag a Mega CD. I got this for an absolute steal at $125 AUD ($80 USD) and it has a new laser and a region free bios installed. I took a half day at work so I’d be home when it arrived - I unfortunately didn’t get much time to tinker with it but it is working flawlessly.

I had resigned myself to just getting the Mega Everdrive Pro but I’m much happier to have the real deal as I just adore the aesthetics of this thing.

12 Likes

It’s a beautiful piece of 90s hardware. The Sega MD now with the power of compact discs!

It’s amazing how far we’ve come.

2 Likes

It can be a pain sometimes, but it’s so nice to have real Sega CD hardware.

1 Like

Phwoar, the Namco stick really suits the monochrome photography you got going there!

I wish I had more space to keep mine out all the time, it’s still a beautiful bit of kit.

1 Like

I’m quite wary of these remasters because it’s hard to tell how faithful they are to the original games when I haven’t played said games, and there isn’t a list of what ‘classic’ mode does other than change character portrait art to the original iconic stylings.

Curiously intrigued, then.

With the Switch not being as portable as can be I’ve picked up a couple of games on iOS just for the additional convenience of pocketability: Saga Scarlet Grace and Disgaea 1 Complete. Been playing both along with the cracking Arkanoid vs Space Invaders, will write some thoughts in another thread…

1 Like

Got these in the mail today.

3 Likes

Vice is vastly underrated. Great pick ups!

Yeah switched them out for some Sanwa obsf-30s. Pretty easy to do, just takes some patience, I used a hand file to make the button holes larger so it took a while but I have a dremel now so I reckon it would be much easier.

There’s a Cvs2 naomi poster up on YA.