RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

picked these up from Game Dude, LA’s premier used game shop!

Duck Amuck is supposed to be super legit; looking forward to playing it one day.

Been on the lookout for Epic Mickey for a while as I heard it was developed by the team that did Henry Hatsworth and Monster Tale. This was their last game unfortunately :frowning:

1 Like

Very minor game-related content (one Game & Watch, Hanfuda “how-to”, and other physical card games from Bandai and others) but perhaps interesting for some.

POPEYE “Magazine for City Boys” Big 100th issue (1981-04-10)

Here’s a twitter thread where I pull out a bunch of stuff.

This was part of my big Christmas/Japanese haul of tons of Hanafuda games and related stuff.

1 Like

I’d love to see it happen too, the games deserve to reach a wider audience as there’s a lot to love even if you’re not a rail enthusiast.

Have you tried Final lately? Ironically it’s probably the least demanding of all the games I’ve played, you could probably figure it out without any Japanese proficiency through repeat play. And the user interface and menus were a more iconographic where before you’d need to read the kanji.

The Japanese PSP ‘Pocket’ ports also included English language manual slips, I can take photographs of what I have if you’d like?

1 Like

That’s kind of you to offer photos but I had a dig last night and came across this thread that linked to a few youtube tutorials and manual translations so I will dig through those, thanks anyway.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51329&sid=ab2f7e719a461a3f5ca2255ce04c5f16

I have the translated N64 version to hand but could never get it working with the accurate emulation plugins and didn’t want to play it it with inaccurate visuals. However I think it does have a tutorial so it may be worth booting up just to go through that if nothing else.

Yeah I read that the PS2 era games are far more lenient than other versions, it’s been a couple of years since I tried Final on PC so I think that is where I will start, hopefully it will be easy enough to remap everything to a controller with something like xpadder. I also hear good things about Densha de Go! Professional Shiyo on PS1 for another good starting point that covers a lot of the earlier routes in one package.

I’m trying to lay low this weekend with covid-19 in Seattle, so I had time to clean out the office and should have time to assemble this!

4 Likes

Don’t let a good crisis go to waste…

1 Like

MiSTer not setup yet, but a week old auction showed up so cleaning that now. I’m thinking it will end up with PSIO installed.

3 Likes

My PS1 laser is on its last leg. I may end up doing the PSIO myself. Nice looking unit there.

1 Like

I recommend the PSIO - it’s a great piece of hardware and while there are quite a few niggling issues with audio at the moment it is still under active development with new features on the way.

I picked up a NTSC 7501 for cheap and threw in a PAL power supply and it has been a revelation for me, not just the ease of throwing games on an SD card but playing PS1 on a CRT in 60hz.

2 Likes

Nice, do let us know how it goes when you get into the series proper. Would love to hear about the N64 game, which I regret not picking up when I last saw a copy.

@Danexmurder Have you done a PSIO install before? It’s beyond my skills so if I go that route I guess I need to start looking at mod options.

@Listai Cool, thanks for the heads up! I’ve looked into it but, as stated above, it’s above my skill level so it’s kind of been a back bruner thing for a while.

For “reasons” I can’t come to terms with modifying my og systems from back in the day. My og NES is in excellent condition, but I mostly play my RGB modified one I acquired a couple years ago. I can see myself modding this ps1 and having my og ps1 from 1996 sit on the sideline. Although, I think this one might be in better condition than my og anyway, lol.

2 Likes

@dubc

Honestly the installation isn’t too bad. I’m a novice myself and with a half decent soldering iron and some patience I was able to put the thing together pretty easily.

1 Like

I haven’t done one yet but it looks relatively simple. I’ll probably do mine soon. If you’d like me to do one for you just let me know.

This some times goes in and out of availability https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CW5NMXI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They have been confirmed to be actual nos PS1 lasers. If you’re interested in replacing the laser at all.

1 Like

Yep, looks like they still have some on the total console website. Pretty darn spendy though.

http://totalconsole.com/KSM-440BAM-Laser-Lens-Drive-For-Sony-PS1-PlayStation-1-PSOne-PS-One--BRAND-NEW_p_370.html

Heck of a mail day today. Super high quality Jamma extender cable courtesy of RGB over at Arcade Projects. I also received my copy of In The Hunt on Irem M-92 hardware. This is my first arcade PCB that isn’t in a cartridge like CPS2 or Neo Geo MVS. I’m going to have to spend some time cleaning this board up and recapping it. Hopefully I can find someone to do some plexis for me as well.

8 Likes

(While the PS1 port of WOlf Fang has more stuff, I already own it through PSN and have a pathological desire for frivolous purchases…)

6 Likes

Congratulations man! I’m currently on the hunt for a Capcom vs. SNK 2 poster that came with the Naomi version of this game!

1 Like

That’s a great poster, I have that. It does come up on yahoo auctions somewhat regularly although there’s none there now, just a ton of the dreamcast version of that poster currently. Hope you manage to grab it!

1 Like

Great choice of PCBs! In the Hunt is so damn good! The pixel art in that game chef kiss

1 Like