RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Thank you! but that is for cvs1 sadly

1 Like

Woops! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s all good lol

Over the weekend and yesterday I got a few monitors. Apple Studio Display 17 Inch ADC, JVC TM-H1950C, a couple of Sony PVM-14M2U, and a smaller Sony PVM that I haven’t looked at yet.

3 Likes

Got slack with posting… these are from a few weeks ago:

DK64 is still on my list for finding a nice boxed copy but this cart (and the others) were just 100y, which will tide me over! Even at 100y i’m a bit cringey at picking up a PS the Best version of Bomberman but oh well.

And this just yesterday:

Unfortunately the Hori Turbo pad was delayed until the end of April. Interestingly, the machine itself is also made by Hori (going off the label underneath). I tried my PS4 RAP Pro and Fighting Commander, as well as the MD Mini pads but none appear to work, so i’m limited to playing 1p games for now.

The controller feels great in hand, responsiveness is at least as good as the MD Mini. The buttons remind me of a NES controller, the dpad feels like a Saturn pad. The interface and emulation is all very similar to the MD mini, as you’d imagine. They’ve not really done anything about shimmering in 4:3/stretch modes which is a shame. The CRT filter looks a bit brighter than I remember from MD, but still applies some softening.

Even knowing what was on there, the amount of games is kind of overwhelming. Every second one seems to be a shooting game, PCE really had a lot! But there’s still a good variety as well. I’m definitely glad to have gotten one, it’s got a tonne of games i would never spend the going rate for.

4 Likes

I also received my PC Engine Mini, chuffed with it so far. The controller is quality - with a very long cable. My only niggle with the hardware is due to its (lack of) weight and lack of rubber feet it can easily slide around a table if you’re not careful. Rigid cables (particularly HDMI) would be cause for concern. As @androgyne pointed out it’s all from HORI, which probably explains the good quality control.

More photos to follow in the PC Engine Mini thread…

3 Likes

Ah the lack rubber feet! That was one of the first things i noticed. I have a roll of rubber mat for just this purpose though hehe

Made a semi-dumb purchase but have always wanted to try this thing :smiley:

3 Likes

There are some good games for it. Pathway to Glory is a quality exclusive in that pile.

1 Like

Awesome. What are some other games you’d recommend for it?

Just got a Street Fighter Alpha 2 poster. :blush:

I will just link to the OT. I put some recommendations in there.

1 Like

I’m kind of pissed with Amazon Japan regarding the PC Engine mini. Seems people overseas who ordered from amazon Japan have or are receiving theirs while us in Japan have had the status on or orders changed to unknown.

Nice! Which platform is it for, CPS2?

Yes CPS2

1 Like

ViewSonic G225f

4 Likes

Just got back from a 2 week trip to Japan. Was going for a conference but naturally it got cancelled. Had some great times and good pickups though.

PCBs! Artwork not original tho.

MVS and F3 carts on the cheap.

Misc console stuff. 360 was 900 yen LOL, thank god for BookOff.

Badass Mikado ashtray loaded with 100 yen coins for the cab.

Bargain bin stuff, nothing was more than 300 yen.

7 Likes

That Saturn joystick! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Killer haul. Well done sir.

Give your impressions on that Saturn stick whenever you get a chance. I could use one myself

1 Like

Ohh man so jealous of that ESP Ra De board. My favorite shmup of all time right there. Such a damn good game.