RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

this is my most random set of grabs yet

2 Likes

5 Likes

Nice! Always love the B&W pics too!

1 Like

I always love when an old receipt is in the box. lol

2 Likes

So I now have all the actual attainable Famicom Kunio games. The 11th (basketball) is insanely expensive.

6 Likes

Thank you!

Me too! It’s a nice little extra gift.

1 Like

It’s pretty damn great! Had it for cheap, too, around 1000 yen boxed. Managed to beat my previous score in Garegga in my first try, much better way to play shmups than using the Saturn pad. It uses Hori parts, but their parts from that era are pretty OK IMO, not a match for proper Seimitsu parts of course but can’t beat that price.

I figure it would be OK for SNK fighters as well as Virtua Fighter. Capcom games are a no-go of course because of its configuration.

2 Likes

been looking for a copy of Thousand Arms for a while… finally found a complete copy for a good price! the case is quite roughed up, but that shouldnt been too hard to replace. The important part is it comes with all the goodies!!

3 Likes

HORI sticks from that era are as good as it gets at home, and they were quality. That was usually true of the pads they produced too. It’s just that they often didn’t make it out of Japan so you had to import, including the stick you have there.

Oh god, what have I done.

This should keep me busy for a while. It’s my first time owning a neo geo pocket. I would have loved one of these as a kid.

5 Likes

This is the matrix gun scene but with portables!

Trinity: “No-one’s ever tried anything like this.”

Neo: “We’re going to need hand-helds, lots of hand-helds.”

Crystal Method starts playing

1 Like

I got these in an instagram claim sale lol.

been kinda looking for Brave Story, seems like a overlooked JRPG, so glad to randomly happen upon a copy. The availability of Outrun only made it sweeter!!

I also wanted a NES copy of Gremlins 2, a game I had and loved as a kid, but someone else claimed it before I could :sob:

2 Likes

Why didn’t I think of stockpiling handhelds!

Seriously though, nice haul. If you aren’t using your DSi may I suggest trying it as an alarm clock? The battery life is just insane - I’ve been using mine as one every day for the last month and it’s only just dropped from 4 bars of battery life to 3.

I think my Soul Blazer and Infinite Undiscovery arrived but due to the lockdowns I haven’t been able to pick them up.

Otherwise I haven’t bought any new games since the disappointing Langrisser I and II. I’m finding the current situation a great excuse for spending some time with games I wasn’t able to commit to before due to commute fatigue. The fantastic Opoona being one of them - more in another thread…

While due to the COVID19 outbreak this is an especially premature post (as I doubtless be waiting months for some of this stuff to arrive) but I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Dreamcast.

I have no impulse control so I also ordered everything I need to mod it.

• VA1 PAL Dreamcast (I gave up on finding a Japanese model as there is next to no realiable information on which serials correspond to which revisions so it was too much of a gamble)

• Clone GDEMU 5.15b with 3d printed shroud (latest revision - uses same Amtel chip as original)

• DreamPSU clone (I was going to get a PICO PSU setup but this ended up being slightly cheaper and didn’t involve any soldering so I thought why not)

• Noctua 40mm NF-A4x10 5V 4500RPM Fan and 3d printed bracket and adapter (I love making older consoles run whisper quiet)

The only things I haven’t ordered are a battery holder and replacement CMOS battery which I should probably do so I don’t need to disassemble the system again after I’m done modding it.

6 Likes

Nice! I went about the same route. I didn’t get a shroud though (should have / need to). Every DC owner should at least do the fan mod.

FYI, Voultar is currently ragging on the DreamPSU clone on twitter (starts on April 7th). I’m not a huge fan of him, but I appreciate the technical work he has done and helped with. [edit] it’s all a little over my head, but seems to come to the conclusion they can be modded to be ok and that further testing is needed to replicate what he’s seeing. He advises to not use them now though.

1 Like

Hmm. Wish I’d read that before ordering mine as it has already shipped.

Oh well it sounds like it’s unlikely to cause issues and just requires a few simple modifications to bring up to standard.

How has yours been performing? I still have a stock PSU so I could leave that in and return the dreamPSU.

What’s the current total cost for all that? Hope you don’t mind me asking.