RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

finally picked up a game I’ve been wanting to get my hands on for a while, a game I hugely regret not picking up the multiple times I had the opportunity to when it was brand new (just like literally every Sega Saturn game lol)

it’s been a crazy year. There was a SoCal retro gaming expo that got canceled, then I had to cancel my trip to Midwest Gaming Classic. I figured since I would have spent a lot of money on those events, may as well splurge what I would have spent anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Gorgeous boxart. There aren’t many strategy games of Bragandine’s ilk, so I’m as excited to get my teeth sticking into it as I was with Culdcept Revolt.

I just got two DSi XL’s from local FB for $30 each, in separate sales. Been looking for a while and just didn’t want to pay the going rates. Felt like these were a good deal. I didn’t intend to buy two but the second seller hit me up after I’d bought the first and i figured, what the hell. Now I have DS’s (including my daughter’s) and I can play 4-player Pac-Man VS.

Also just got Ring Fit Adventure from local Craigslist, after not looking at anything on there for months and months. Enjoying it with my kids!

6 Likes

Nice finds, how is the glossy coating on the lids holding up? The boxed dark brown one I picked up a couple of years ago was really scratched, shame, system would look great on wooden furniture if it were untarnished.

Damn. I’m jealous dude! That’s a holy grail item for me.

1 Like

They are in great shape especially the burgandy one. Can’t believe how nice it was. Blue one has just some minor scratches. Got really lucky!

3 Likes

Wow! Would love to see some photos of it on matching furniture - the lid is meant to simulate a still surface of water according to the hardware designers/engineers.

1 Like

Finally got these for around 82€ shipped. BoF3‘s disc is in near perfect condition while BoF4 is lightly scratched if you hold it into the light. I always thought scratches on black PS1 discs are easier to see though.

Had to get them since I don’t see them appear in Europe often anymore (the US versions).

5 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Picked up my first ps3 title today. Couldn’t pass up a ridge racer. Disc is pristine.

Now it’s time to actually grab a console to play this on at some point.

3 Likes

This is really a great game. I love it. (And RR6, which is essentially the same game).

I can vouch for Ridge Racer 7 too, though like 6 (and, well, Ridge Racers 1 and 2 on PSP) be prepared for a lot of easy races before it becomes challenging.

Iirc, RR7 has an exploitable upgrades system, so you might be able to make things more difficult by not upgrading your car.

Ah, I should get this out and play a few races. My PS3 still is still hooked up.

Realised today that I never played Kirby’s Dream Land beyond a few brief minutes with it on a friend’s Game Boy back when I was a kid.

Planet Robobot aside, I haven’t been interested in many modern Kirby games, but the less-is-more approach taken by Dream Land (it doesn’t even have the copy ability) intrigues, so I just grabbed it on 3DS Virtual Console for a run this evening!

On that note - is there anything else I should be looking for on GB VC? I was thinking about Revenge of the Gator, Kid Icarus 2, and the first two Ikari no Yousai games.

3 Likes

It’s a very short game, interesting take on Kirby but without the copy abilities it is a lot less special IMO. Fun to blast through, though.

This game lives in my Game Boy to this day as the default cart.

3 Likes

Mail came in today! Got a good deal on Crisis force with some eBay bucks I had.

5 Likes

Nice!!! That’s definitely a Famicom game to own. Would love to have a copy of this one.

1 Like

Best looking 8-bit game IMO, if not counting PCE which is an 8/16 hybrid.

1 Like

It has been on my want list for years!

1 Like