RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Now I just feel embarrassed if you guys think that is a lot of DS consoles lol…

No I haven’t counted mine… probably 30+ though not including repair units eek!

2 Likes

I felt the same way! I’m not at 30+ but definitely double digits!

Great systems, great libraries.

There’s just so many revisions and cute special editions… and so many were reasonably priced too.

At least I can pretend half are for my husband.

Did you manage to pick up the Game Boy Micro special editions as well? I always regretted not doing so. The Mother 3 unit with its gorgeous faceplate and carry case goes for crazy money now :frowning:

Makes sense. I think the charcoal(?) black and red models also had the same kind of metallic finish with the etched diagonal lines on the outside, which I really like - it characteristically reflects light.

My lime green Japanese unit looks cheap by comparison, the inside plastics are more like the regular New 3DS too, showing skin oils really easily.

They were a bit before my time (all done and dusted before I had a proper job and disposable income) but I did get the Famicom one brand new later on in some crazy sale at Arcade Shock in 2012… they had some new old stock for $99 a pop.

I do eye up the Mother 3 one for sure… I just don’t love the design enough compared to the Famicom one to drop that $$$ lol.

I snagged one of those too, couldn’t believe my luck when I saw it was in stock as not some old listing that they hadn’t taken down!

I’m jealous of you both! I remember they were on clearance at play-asia in 2007 but I wasn’t earning an income then so I missed out.

The anodised aluminium of the unit appears to have a different, glossier(?) finish to the other models - is this true? I love my lilac JPN unit.

Got one from Play-Asia when they were on sale (GBA Micro Famicom). Love how they look, barely played on it. Looks new. I think it’s one of the most beautiful handhelds ever made. Packaging was also pretty neat.

I also have the Link Between Worlds 3DS XL, Majoras Mask New 3DS XL and other NDS units. I wanted to buy the Hylian Shield 2DS XL model but it wasn’t available in Europe and was too expensive to import by the time I decided I want one.

Yeh it was crazy! I think they said they were supposed to actually price the Famicom ones at $130 (they had a couple of other colours at the time) but just honoured the pricing error anyway.

I’m honestly not sure how many DSes exist in our house. I know of three New 3DS XLs, one DSi XL, three DSis, four DS Lites, and two DS Phats. I really need to take inventory of all the handhelds. lol!

A couple recent pickups from #VitaIsland

Geez, Velocity 2X is such a gem. My Vita card got corrupted and wiped and so I lost my game save. It was just stellar looking and sounding (via headphones) on that little device. It had a nice difficulty curve and and a cool mix of arcade scoring runs and action adventure. Been thinking about getting it for Switch to finish it out.

Unit 13! The short missions and scoring system give it a real arcade-y feel. Shame about the wonky performance, but it feels designed for handheld in the same way Metroid: Federation Force was, another underrated shooter that wasn’t trying to shrink down the home console experience.

Very nice. Are you running that on the MSX 2+?

1 Like

Got a copy of Panzer Dragoon II Zwei in the mail yesterday.

Played the first three levels up to the stage 3 forest boss and wow…what a ride so far. Talk about superb rail gunning. I’ve played PD1 before (borrowed copy from a friend years ago) which is great but PD II is such a huge leap in its core gameplay and presentation and is a real showcase for what the Saturn was capable of graphically. Oh, and all the goodies in Pandora’s Box are automatically unlocked since I have a PD Saga save. :slight_smile: Now I just need to get PD1 and (maybe) PD Mini on Game Gear to complete my PD collection.

8 Likes

@Radarscope1 I haven’t played it yet, but it has great reviews so I’m looking forward to it. I’ll be sure to play with headphones on, thanks!

@harborline_765 Also haven’t played this yet. I’ve read it can be kind of janky, but it was it was pretty cheap so I though I would roll the dice on a Zipper game. I liked the SOCOM games back in the day (liked, didn’t love). I think I still have the headset/mic that came with SOCOM 1.

Nope! I’ve been running this on my original Analogue NT. I have been wanting to get an MSX at some point so I can play the original version of Castlevania. Crisis Force really is impressive! The multidirectional scrolling is really impressive for the era!

My heart… Panzer Dragoon Saga is going for over a grand now. Guess I’m never playing that one. Yikes.

Picked up a dark soft’d cps3 unit. It’s bliss.

7 Likes