RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Damn that looks cool :astonished:

1 Like

Baller! Going to grab some plexis for it?

I think I’ll just keep it bare, actually. I like the way it looks as is - you never know though. I just like looking at them chips unobstructed…

1 Like

I hear you on that! That’s why I really prefer clear-plexis as opposed to colored ones. I think the look of these are great.

https://www.highflow.nl/behuizingen/cps3-acrylic-case.html?sl=en

1 Like

In addition to two NES and Famicom purchases on the 3DS (Gargoyles Quest II and Double Dragon II respectively) these two arrived this week:

Haven’t yet gotten round to Critical Velocity but mid-2000s Namco arcade racing is an easy sell, especially when you consider how under the radar this game went - there’s not even a page for it on MobyGames!

In the mean time I’ve become hooked on Paper Mario: Origami King in the evenings. For an adventure game it’s not as good as Color Splash, with dumbed down puzzle elements presumably to reduce frustration.

Still, it’s been rather entertaining and the quality of the level design and writing remains high. I was surprised Taro Kudo managed to top the depressed Shy-Guy from Color Splash with one particular story detail, really wasn’t expecting that as the Shy-Guy you meet on the train in Color Splash was a very special moment.

3 Likes

Uh wow, I’ve never heard of this racing game. Please give us impressions. I, too, love Namco arcade racers - and I have a region-free PS2 so I’d love to check it out if you have a good opinion of it.

3 Likes

That Paper Mario cover art is delightful.

I haven’t heard of this either, please let us know how it is!

1 Like

Not exactly gaming related but I got my biggest pick up of well ever, my son was born last week!

13 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Player 2 has entered the game.

I play almost nightly with my 5yr old, and it’s awesome! Congrats!

1 Like

A few weeks of pickups. Been getting ps4 games while they are cheap.

Used eBay bucks to pick up the Wii games for around $20 each out of pocket.

Also didn’t realized that xenoblade was signed by one of the Japanese voice actors.

My mode finally came in now I just need to find time to actually install it.

4 Likes

Congratulations! Enjoy this special time :heart:

1 Like

This is greatest pickup possible! Congrats. :tada::champagne::confetti_ball::balloon:

2 Likes

Where do you get your CIB NES games?

Congrats, may he have a healthy and blessed life

1 Like

Congratulations to you and your partner @ShinJohnpv!

I shared a few pics in other threads that may preview what your future could look like if you share your passion with your kids… nothing more rewarding! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got them off ebay. It was a very poorly lit picture so it didn’t get much attention. It was a good price so I decided to take a chance on it. I got the Box Protectors they are in off of amazon. It’s a must imo for these old games, plus it makes them look really nice.

Thanks everyone! It has been an exciting time, with lots of new stuff to learn. I"ve been making sure to play some good game music for him though at different times, start getting him into early ;).

My rotating monitor mount came today for some Dreamcast TATE games. My MiSTer setup is in this room too so I’ll get that setup as well (currently only play on PVM). It will be nice for arcade cores as an LCD is much easier to rotate than a CRT and there doesn’t seem to be a standard CW or CCW rotation for arcade cores.

(sorry my phone camera is beyond bad at this point)

I also did some maintenance; out with the Dream PSU and back to OEM.

5 Likes