Haven’t posted in here in ages!

All the Kururin guides.

Kuru Kuru Kururin GBA

Kururin Paradise GBA

(missing one arriving this week)

Kururin Squash! GC

7 Likes

New PCB day is best day.

Been awhile since I’ve last got a PCB, hell anything gaming related really (apart from some posters).

Today’s pickup is a near full kit of Dangun Feveron in pretty pristine condition. Only missing the box and I think a POP. Really one of my all time favorites, it was missing from my collection for far too long. I’ll be sure to give this lots of love.

8 Likes

Fantastic.

So weird all these little series that have a burst of games then disappear.

whistles Heavy hitter there! Congrats on the pickup!

1 Like

My Astro City Mini V arrived a few days ago, absolutely love it:

10 Likes

What’s your take on the lag issues?

Looks gorgeous.

1 Like

What are the differences between the western version?

Keeping in mind input lag tolerance/sensitivity can also vary from person to person, here are my input lag impressions which I posted in the Astro City V thread on the other forum (tldr: It’s fine in my opinion as long as you use a proper power brick instead of the included USB cable/adapter, nothing game breaking like say the terrible input lag on the Mega Man Legacy and X collections. Currently playing for high score on Batrider and Tatsujin Oh and am having a blast):

“Just spent over an hour with my Astro City Mini V, the first 30 minutes or so I played three titles: Batrider, Tatsujin Oh/Truxton II and Raiden using my Mega SG’s USB power cable and mini adapter. Batrider felt fine, there was a bit of lag, nothing game breaking or anything. Tatsujin Oh definitely had noticeable lag, weapons were sluggish and I had trouble dodging bullets at times. Raiden was like Batrider, a little bit of lag but I had little problem if any dodging enemy fire.

I then hooked up my new Raspberry Pi AC adapter and tried Tatsujin Oh/Truxton II right away as that was the worst offender of the three lag wise and….WOW. HUGE difference. Ship movement and weapons fire both immediately felt much faster and responsive, dodging enemy fire also felt soooo much better. Batrider and Raiden also both felt noticeably faster and smoother overall despite being much less problematic before when I had been using the USB cable/adapter.

Bottom line: The power source factor is very real. I was seriously surprised at how much of a difference it made.”

4 Likes

On the fighting collection, no difference by the looks of it. It’s the same release with both Japanese and western versions of each game.

With Street Fighter, they originally only had the western versions of each game. They actually delayed the Japanese release after backlash to include the Japanese versions of every game, and it still retains all the western versions too.

It had gotten very expensive on ebay due to being the more desirable version, so this re-release in the double pack was nice.

Not posted in here for quite some time but just had a surface mail parcel arrive from Canada:

Many thanks go to @raskulous for helping me source these at great prices as I was having no luck domestically in the UK finding these titles as NTSC-U copies.

Fills up a few major gaps in my collection that have bothered me for quite some time so again cheers @raskulous !

8 Likes

You have a lot of solid playing games there!

I need to put together a post myself. It’s been like two years of collecting that I haven’t really covered in here and ought to.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been super bad about posting pick-ups for a while myself.

2 Likes

It is not just pick ups either for me as been doing lots of repairs and mods, but not writing any of them up purely to get through my backlogs faster.

2 Likes

Looking forward to you getting back to it. Always love seeing your write ups.

1 Like

Happy to help, and glad it arrived without damage!

1 Like

Picked up a mint copy of Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra for the PS3 for a really great price. I’ve only played the DS Death Label version, and always been meaning to play the full game but don’t have a PS5/PS4 to play the M2 port. this is more than good enough for now. rough as nails, can barely get through stage 2 on 1 credit

3 Likes

So, a few months ago I pre-ordered a Limited Edition Evercade EXP and I also purchased some cartridges in order to have something to play when the system arrives this Winter.

Well, turns out I overestimated my patience. I was in dire need of some retro gaming fun, so I ordered an Evercade VS system and completed my collection of Evercade cartridges!

No regrets!

7 Likes

Consistently tempted, especially when I see something like this… :star_struck:
Any chance you can compare performances of Data East arcade games to Johnny Turbo’s? I know games on Evercade come with a more extensive selection of display settings, but I never found a review going into details (scanline fidelity, accuracy of the emulation…).

1 Like

Thats nice, like Galdelico I am constantly tempted by the Evercade but can never seem to get close enough to pull the trigger.

2 Likes