RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Hope you get online and if you shoot me a line always happy to join up with you for some online PSO games!

I managed to grab this bundle of stuff for £40 yesterday from local dump:

Wii-U is in great condition and works perfectly.

However the PS2 while working will not play CD games and as as expected, the White DS Lite has a broken hinge but apart from that everything works fine and the Megadrive pad just needs a bit of a clean as got sticky buttons. Not tested the third party Wii AfterGlow controller yet as don’t really care about it.

I expect I can sort the PS2 out and if I include all my DS lites in my spares and repairs pile, I could build up 3 good DS Lites out of everything if I bought three replacements cases (though I only need the top half of the case in reality).

I also got given this ©2021 SEGA NKOK Skateboarding? Sonic for free:

It is missing its remote control and the batteries had spewed lovely corrosive acid all over the battery compartment (which I have cleaned up now). But, I am happy to just use it as a display piece in my collection.

7 Likes

How much did the Super Grafx cost you? These days they seem to be rather steep in price.

27,800 yens. But that’s only the main unit.

Ouch! But about right these days.

Got a couple of Master System games recently.

I had Rastan before but sold it, so grabbed it again. I always wanted to get all the FM sound games.

Have never had Ninja Gaiden. It had no cover so did a printout, a nice high res scan was available so it looks great.

Both fit squarely into the “These have plenty of ‘that is complete bullshit’ jank moments but are solid mid range games from the 8-bit era”. Been playing these two (plus a few other MS games) and getting further every play.

9 Likes

Trying to collect some of the more obscure rpgs on PS4.

I normally add a bunch more movies this time of year but didn’t see too many interesting deals.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Blue Reflection: Second Light is pretty good!

1 Like

Crossposting this from the Evercade thread:

I’m off to play some Toaplan shoot 'em ups in TATE mode right now! :smiley:

8 Likes

That’s a nice set you have there :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lucky find today. I don’t usually pick up PAL releases anymore. Disc is spotless.

6 Likes

Can’t go wrong for 1 Euro. :slight_smile:

This arrived in the mail today:

My Evercade collection is complete once again!

For now, that is.

More cartridges will be released pretty soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got some cool retro related Christmas items but this might be the best.

7 Likes

I finally succumbed and picked up this beauty. I’ve pined over an FDS for a while now and I saw a boxed one at a good price and couldn’t resist.

9 Likes

@AgentUnknown that wonder boy IV collection is just beautiful! so jelly - congrats!

2 Likes

I picked up a lot of games in 2022. I’m going to slow things down in 2023 and play more.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

I love having a Switch Lite as I’m never far away from a quick STG fix. :slight_smile:

I hope that everyone has a happy 2023!

7 Likes

Got something a bit silly from Marketplace.

Two Apple IIcs! Still on the table with a pile of Christmas junk right now.

Goes great with my green mono monitor.

The disk drives work but I have no software, only the built in BASIC. Need to work out what I’m doing with them now, I’ll definitely keep one, they’re so small anyway.

8 Likes

Picked up a bunch of NES titles in an attempt to fill some gaps in my collection.

7 Likes