SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

Super Mario World’s title screen is a great one since it uses so many colors and so many people are familiar with how it should look. Someone once recommended it (can’t remember who though) as a standard kind of image to show off a screen, and I think it’s a great idea.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve posted in this thread but I just had to show you how lovely Ranma 1/2 looks on the PlayStation. Lovely game, free from the typical wobbly PlayStation 3D effects.

4 Likes

One of my all time favorites, I have a hard time not replaying it, lol

3 Likes

This looks amazing. If it’s not too much to ask what are your exact scanline settings? I can never seem to get the hybrid vertical horizonral scanlines to look that good

Street Fighter III: Double Impact - New Generation [Sega Dreamcast]
Sega - Dreamcast
Sony - PVM-20L5 Multiformat Color Video Monitor

5 Likes

God this game is beautiful, in some ways the presentation is better than 3s.

3 Likes

How so? I never played double impact before.

Mainly the backgrounds are superior. They’d change with each round, like Dudley’s stage where on one round it would transition to night time and start raining or Elena’s where the bridge collapses in the second round and you fight below. They’re livelier, with fun, cartoonish characters spectating fights (like the alpha/zero games) whereas 3s is nearly all desolate stages and the ones with characters now have an oddly realistic take to them that doesn’t match the stylised street fighters imo. There are some odd bits of photo textures used too which don’t mesh well with the hand-drawn elements, I can only speculate that they were used because of time restraints.

Back when Online Edition came out I was really hoping the New Gen/2i backgrounds would be added to 3s like they did with the soundtracks but alas.

3 Likes

Sounds cool. I had no idea.

1 Like

I also prefer the first two over 3rd Strike too, especially 2nd Impact. Same thing with Street Fighter Alpha 2 over Alpha 3.

1 Like

I wonder how many here know what this fighting game is on the PlayStation. Its really good and quite deep yet only has one attack button and a block button. Yep, only 2 buttons are used.

4 Likes

Final Zone?

Trying out a new F1.8 lens.
Pyron’s hack of SF2CE on MD on a sony 14" PVM

8 Likes

Nope, not final Zone. It is 封神領域エルツヴァーユ 帯有 (Fūjinryōiki erutsuvu~āyu-tai yū)

1 Like

Oh dur Evil Zone?

1 Like

Yep, that’s the one in English. Quite an expensive game but really good.

1 Like

I figured you guys would appreciate some arcade monitor shots. Nanao MS9. Beautiful monitor.

10 Likes

Wii U N64 VC (dark filter disabled) on component cables (1080i internal Wii U resolution) running through OSSC displayed on an LCD monitor:

Super Smash Bros.

Mario Kart 64

Ogre Battle 64

Castlevania 64

1080 Snowboarding

6 Likes

That looks very much like how n64 games look on my PVM 20L5 via scart.

4 Likes

Ummm… these shots are really amazing.
What a great option for n64.

1 Like