SNK announces new hardware - The Neo Geo Mini

I’ll probably go for International to enjoy the games in their original Engrish. I imagine it’s not easy to change the region on these things?

You know I love this place @Peltz. I keep telling people about it! LOL!

I like my new tag, but I’m not sure those dates coincide with my fatherhood! I only had son one in 1998! My FotY awards started in like 2001 after the third one was born I think? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I updated it.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Probably not.

But it seems they expect players to grab both. The games list is pretty different.

Game series with multiple installments (KOF, Metal Slug, Last Blade) are often “complete” on only one of the two versions. So you’re always missing part of at least some series if you don’t grab both.

Kind of a bummer that they didn’t just include them all in both versions if they already had a lot of the licensing in place.

That really does make it a harder choice. I think I like the Japanese lineup better to be honest. That’s mainly because I own more of those International exclusives on AES already. I’d rather have Ninja Commando for example…

Thanks. I’m old… but not that old! Those original years you had were when I was soaking up all the gaming info I could reading stuff like Electronic Games magazine.

Cheers for answering Dave’s question, Peltz!

I can confirm - as far as regional settings go you can only change the menu language.

Ninja Commando (and Twinkle Star Sprites) made the decision easy for me too!

I hope the hardware differences between the two models are just aesthetic, would be a shame if that beautiful screen wasn’t in the international version to save money.

Had a quick go on this the other way, it had been more than a few weeks since I last touched it! Still really like it, that screen is just phenomenal. The SNK 40th Anniversary Collection is the better celebration of SNK’s heritage though.

Dammit RGB!

1 Like

Enjoy!

1 Like

Is that screen truly pixel accurate?

You need more training my young apprentice. You are weak against the darkside :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You are weak, like a baby’s fart. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Smelly like one too :blush:
(not really)

1 Like

It arrived! Had time to play a bit of a handful of games. Really digging it so far! That little screen is pretty great.