Upcoming retro re-releases - Delphine Software Collection 1, Duke Nukem Collection 1 & 2, Sunsoft Collection 1 (Evercade)

I’ve not played the arcade version!

1 Like

Neither have I. Nor the PC Engine version, I must admit. Is it any good?

Yes, console versions are good

Anyone for Tennis? :tennis:

1 Like

If you own an Evercade and like arcade games, here are two upcoming cartridges you might be interested in!

JALECO ARCADE 1

Rod Land
Saint Dragon
E.D.F. Earth Defense Force
Avenging Spirit
64th Street: A Detective Story
Cybattler
P-47: The Phantom Fighter
The Astyanax

Release date: July 2022

GAELCO ARCADE 2

Big Karnak’s
TH Strikes Back
World Rally 2
Maniac Square
Squash
Touch and Go

Release date: July 2022

2 Likes

Back in 2020, Hamster announced that Trio The Punch would be joining the Arcade Archives lineup in the future. Well, it’s been a bit of a wait, but the time has finally come! Data East’s oddball title will be available later this week.

Release date: May 19th

While Breakers Collection still doesn’t have a release date (it’s supposed to be coming later this year), here’s an interesting update: a physical edition has been announced by Strictly Limited Games.

There’s a standard edition that will cost €29.99 / $34.99, but there’s also a collector’s edition for €59.99 / $65.99, featuring the following goodies:

• Game
  • Collector’s Edition Box
  • Colorful Game Manual
  • Tia Langray Headband with Breakers Collection Logo
  • 2 Sweat Wristbands with Breakers Collection Logo
  • Soundtrack with Songs from both Breakers and Revenge
  • Acrylic Diorama featuring Tia Langray and Sho Kamui
  • Arcade Flyer for Crystal Legacy (original Breakers prototype), A5 size
  • Double-sided Poster with Main Visuals, A2 size
  • Breakers Collection Die Cut Logo Sticker
  • 10 Character Cards, A7 size
  • Lenticular card, A6 size

Release date: 2022

1 Like

Man, they are busting out some obscure games for re-releases. I like it as it means that there is more variety, but unless this was cheap to do and cheap to buy, I can’t see it being all that fruitful for them.
Though, as I said before, I do like the concept a LOT.

That Breakers looks really nice. I’ve never heard of that one, might be one to check out, although not the LRG version…

1 Like

Hell yeah I’m in.

1 Like

Did everyone remember to get their pre-orders for Breakers in? The blurb says it should arrive in December, just in time for the online to be dead. Very exciting!

1 Like

I’m getting overloaded with these things.

Windjammers, Breakers, Samurai Showdown collection, NGPC collection, Wonder Boys… plus all these enhanced remaster things like Wild Guns and Pocky and Rocky and sequels like Ganryu 2 and Andro Dunos 2.

So many releases and so many are limited so you have to buy then think about if you really want it later.

1 Like

That’s the kicker, wasn’t even sure about Breakers but that trick sure as hell got me.

1 Like

The good part is you can sell and not lose money later in 95% of cases if deciding otherwise.

3 Likes

More details have emerged of the second Valis collection that was announced a while ago.

This collection will feature the following games:

• Valis IV (PC Engine)
  • Syd of Valis (Mega Drive / Genesis)
  • Valis: The Fantasm Soldier (Mega Drive / Genesis)
  • Valis: The Fantasm Soldier (MSX)

Release date: September 22nd (Japan)

This week’s Arcade Archives release is Taito’s Flipull (also known as Plotting).

Release date: May 26th

Surprise! Out of the blue, SNK has announced that Neo Geo Pocket Color RPG Biomotor Unitron will be released on the eShop tomorrow!

Release date: May 26th

2 Likes

SNK has been killing it with all these NGPC releases. Hopefully there is a Volume 2 physical release.

1 Like

Remember Jim Power? He’ll be coming to both modern and classic consoles soon! Will something be done about the infamous nauseau-inducing reverse parallax scrolling? Who knows!

Info about physical editions for modern consoles and cartridge versions for classic consoles can be found here:

Platforms: NSW, PS4, PS5, XBX, NES, SNES, SMD/GEN
Release date: June 2nd (digital versions)

Not that I want to buy famously poor Eurojank, but it doesn’t seem clear if it includes the Mega Drive version?

1 Like

The trailer is rather vague about this (it just mentions an 8-bit version and a 16-bit version), but there’s confirmation of the Sega version’s inclusion on SLG’s website.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/jim-power-the-lost-dimension/products/jim-power-the-lost-dimension-special-limited-edition-nsw

So no SNES version, the actual famous (and released) version.

And thus all the comments about the extreme parallax are not relevant, since that’s the version with that issue (it’s much reduced in the originally unreleased Sega version)

And yet along with this they’re releasing the SNES version again on SNES cart LMAO

1 Like