Upcoming retro re-releases - Delphine Software Collection 1, Duke Nukem Collection 1 & 2, Sunsoft Collection 1 (Evercade)

This week’s Arcade Archives release is Super Pac-Man.

Release date: January 6th

One word of advice, though. This game will also be included in the Pac-Man collection that’s coming to consoles soon, so Pac-Man aficionados may be better off waiting for that instead.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for that collection. It’s going to be so good.

1 Like

Yeah, lots of great games on that one.

I’m really happy that Pac-Land is included as I have fond memories of that game. I played it for the first time in the arcade when I was on holiday in the US when I was seven years old, and a few years later I got the C64 version and poured quite a few hours into it. I’m looking forward to reliving my childhood!

I’ve actually never played it but have access to it on one of the Namco collections on Switch. I’ll give it a look.

It’s also a stage in Smash for Wii U (maybe Ultimate too?)

1 Like

Yeah, I got that Namco collection as well, but man the NES version of Pac-Land is really ugly. I don’t know why the graphics turned out the way they did there.

Surprise! Neo Geo Pocket Color title SNK VS. Capcom: Card Fighters’ Clash suddenly showed up on the eShop.

Release date: Out now

And another retro re-release this week is Arcade Archives GunNail.

Release date: January 13th

3 Likes

Two previously announced games have release dates now.

Pocky & Rocky Reshrined will be released in Japan on April 21st. Hopefully the game will arrive in the West simultaneously.

Nightdive Studio’s remastered version of Shadow Man is out now!

2 Likes

Interesting news for fans of Rainbow Arts’ output:

Is it a remake or a new game? Looks new, though I haven’t played the originals too extensively.

1 Like

You know, since Tengo Project’s previous two games (Wild Guns: Reloaded and Ninja Warriors Once Again) were remakes/remasters, I just assumed this game would also be one. Reports about it are a bit conflicting, though. Some websites call it a sequel and others call it a remake. I haven’t played the original Pocky & Rocky, so I’m afraid I can’t give you a satisfying answer.

1 Like

Either way, it looks fantastic.

1 Like

Indeed!

Wild Guns: Reloaded and Ninja Warriors Once Again were amazing, so I’ll definitely be buying this game.

1 Like

I really like their pixel art. It’s not a CRT filter but it approximates what it would have looked like without 240p limitations and not the super blocky pixels you usually see. I think I’ll pick those 2 games up as well.

2 Likes

It looks very similar to the work they did with Ninja Warriors and Wild Guns so I’d expect a straight up port/remake like they did with those games (things added… graphic upgrades… widescreen images…)

I own the original, and that sure looks like it… enhanced in that same way.

3 Likes

This week’s Arcade Archives release is Namco’s Hopping Mappy.

Release date: Out now

Oddball shoot 'em up Pistol Daimyo no Bōken is this week’s Arcade Archives release.

Release date: Today

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea what this game is but I’m all in based on this screenshot alone.

2 Likes

Looks like the first ever console port too. Think I’ll pick that up as well

1 Like

Apparently, it’s a Bravoman spin-off! Pistol Daimyo is a boss in that game.

1 Like

Yup, this game has never been ported before!

1 Like