What are your Retro Resolutions for the New Years.

What’s the timeframe on this?

Haha.

I haven’t decided yet. It really actually depends if I my new Net City comes back to life. If that happens, I’ll eventually be selling or parting out my original Alien Syndrome cabinet.

If I can’t fix the NNC, then I’ll probably sell that as non working and also sell my Blast City. If I get my Super Neo 29 back from my nephews, in this scenario, I’ll sell that also.

Also about 5 pretty common jamma games, a nice MVS 2 slot with a few common games, a Dreamcast Jamma setup, a PS2 sync on green setup, and some multi boards.

I find that I spend too much time maintaining these things and not enough playing. Honestly, if someone has room for three cabs and wanted to come to my house with a good offer, I’ll just go to playing Mame with filters.

I guess I’ve just decided that it’s the games that I have fun with, and not pure visuals or shelf material.

Time frame depends on when I get the NNC monitor board back. So February maybe?

imageimage

1 Like

Cool, let me know. We may do some business.

Awesome! I always wanted a Blast City, but on the east coast you take what you can get when it comes to cabs, but I was lucky enough to stumble on a Capcom Impress years back. My wife hates it lol. How easy would it be to get the DC to jamma running on an impress?? If it’s not too bad I’d be interested in that, and maybe some other things :wink:

Go away New002!

(jk)

:waves hand slowly:

You saw nothing, Peltz.

… >_>

I don’t really make resolutions in general, but I guess I’ll try to keep up with what what I’m doing anyway: buying games. This past year I’ve bought quite a few high-priced games and overall have spent a couple of thousand bucks on retro games alone. I miiiight try and keep those costs down this coming year, but honestly I’m not actively trying to slow down or something.

The cabs came from some Japanese arcade and through Chicago to New Orleans. Currently in Baton Rouge. Everywhere other than the west coast and maybe New York is a Candy cab desert, I know the struggle.

Unfortunately, unless the impress is tri-sync or runs strictly at 31 MHz, the DC to jamma probably won’t work. The guy made it custom for his Blast.

256 x 224 mostly.

Nobody made that joke yet? Is this thing on? Try the veal.

4 Likes

Came here to post exactly this, haha.

• Play more retro games, especially old CRPGs from the 8/16-bit era
  • Buy a few more CIB Atari 8-bit computer games
  • Frame a bunch of retro game posters I have and hang them in my game room
  • Fix the disk drive on my Atari 1040STe
  • Buy Phantasy Star II and III for the Genesis (Already have IV)

For 2018 I plan on picking up a 20" PVM that supports RGB and Component.

I thought I would be done after I picked up my 14M2U but I now have the itch to get a screen that is a touch bigger. I expect to pick one up by the end of January depending how Ebay is looking.

EverDrive for the N64.

A couple broadband acoustic panels from GIK Acoustics (RealTraps is a touch too expensive for me)

Like many others I plan to actually play and enjoy more retro games other than focusing on buying hardware. I spent most of 2017 upgrading my setup.

From brand new speakers, power amp, PVM, N64, and many cables… 2017 was a hardware packed year. I’m feeling much more content with my setup by the end of it all.

Happy holidays everyone!

Okay my resolution is to finish my setup. We moved house in May and I’ve been putting it off way too long. I think it’ll only take a day but it must be done!

Is that the garage setup you’ve mentioned in the past?

Yup, planning to have 2x 20” in there, one for 240p one for 480p roughly… then a 14” on my desk next to my PC for when I just wanna have a quick game, prob just keep a couple of consoles on that one, and keep everything else in the garage. I suppose it’s been a good test over the last few months to see if anything has degraded in there with the environmental conditions (nothing has).

Actually sit down with the games again. 2017 has been so chaotic for me. Im pretty much library complete on things i want to play…aside from a couple things like Cotton on PC engine and Burning Rangers.

Thanks for reminding me. I need to play Burning Rangers sometime soon as well. I also need to take the time to route my Saturn’s SCART cable to the FM.

Add me to the “Need to play Burning Rangers in 2018” club as well. I bought it a while ago when it was still in the sub $100 range and have yet to play it.

Just sold my Burning Rangers a couple weeks ago. Great concept, but just did not enjoy the game anymore. Plus the game can be beat in about 2.5 hours

1 Like