What is your audio setup?

No problem sir. Fingers crossed for you

1 Like

so, an update! tested out like half my scart cables last night, and turns out they all have varying levels of buzzing…the N64 one in particular is loud, but that one has some exposed cabling and needs replacing

so i’m trying to isolate the problem: basically each system’s scart cable runs to another/main one that feeds back into a component/RGB converter. said converter has component video feeding back into the trinotron, and red/white AV cables directly into an older receiver

one thing to note: there’s buzz/feedback audible from before i plug in any system’s cable into the main scart! this should be a tell, right? i tried messing with the red/white ones but that doesn’t seem to change much…could the likely issue be the main scart cable that’s causing much of this?

Does anyone know if the Behringer MS-16 speakers are shielded for CRT use? I just put together a small CRT cart for a bedroom and would like a good 2.0 solution to upgrade from a mono speaker.

I’ve heard the Behringer’s were good, and perhaps a clone of the old Roland speakers from decades ago. Not sure about that but I’m hoping they’re a good choice.

I am also open to other suggestions for specific models under $100.

According to the manual, they are magnetically shielded:

copy

Select MS16 in the product column and then the manual or spec sheet.

Wow, should have dug deeper! Honestly didn’t think they would list it these days.

Thank you, I’ll probably grab these because I don’t see many options around $100.

1 Like

Just so you know, I use these as my synth monitor speakers/main PC speakers, and they are pretty decent for the price. Behringer have a pretty dodgy reputation for quality, but my speakers have been left powered on for over a decade and never given me any trouble.

1 Like