What is your audio setup?

I am not sure. It actually fell into the receiver itself and detached from the chassis :flushed:

1 Like

It happens! My 3.5mm headphone socket on my 480p TV is faulty because I walked off whilst wearing the headphones and it yanked the socket to one side.

It can be fixed. We have the technology!!

I’ll try at some point. It’s not urgent because I don’t use it for headphones any more!

My screen is also slightly scratched! Was like this when I bought it. I keep meaning to pick up another one.

Last year I had the PSU redone, but forgot to mention the headphone socket to the TV guy!

Nothing fancy from me but for my desktop I have:

Q Acoustics 2010i speakers, a Cambridge Audio AM10 amplifier with a Behringer UCA222 DAC. Inexpensive but does a pretty good job.

New video out now on my second channel, Retro Core AV

1 Like

There seemed to be an issues with my last stereo set up post. Images were not showing.

Here’s my music set up.

Turntable is a Technics SL-7. It’s a really cool table that can even be mounted upside down if you were crazy enough.

Onkyo Amp and Mini Disc recorder

Victor (JVC) switch box. Has 5 inputs and 5 outputs plus mixing input and monitoring output.
TEAC CD Player (Also does MP3 up to 320kbps at 48khz)
and the mighty Sony KA3ES Cassette deck.

and for all my game systems and BluRay, they all go through this Denon 7.1 Cinema amp. Does Bluetooth audio and radio as well :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Looks cool as hell! What happened to the Sony front loader? That was also a cool one.

2 Likes

Sadly that died. It had an electronic issue that needed one of the chips replacing. So I sold it on for parts. Still got 8000 yen for it though :+1:
This new table is far better spec but does loose the cool tray loading mechanism.

The Japanese TDK D? The AE, Old VS New - Fans of Italian high energy or Italian dance may like this one!

1 Like

Oops, wrong thread

2 Likes

Small update since last time! Put a little money into some nice cans and swapped out the DAC too for an amp/DAC unit.

So the Behringer UCA222 was swapped for a Topping DX3 Pro which serves as a DAC for my integrated amplifier and also acts as a headphone amp for the Sennheiser HD 6XX I picked up from Massdrop recently too.

Working nicely so far!

2 Likes

Massdrop is pretty good for audio equipment, or at least that is what got me into it years ago.

1 Like

I’ve owned a variety of headphones before but never been able to justify the HD 600/650 so the HD 6XX seemed like a no brainer. Even with customs to the UK the total cost was a little over £220 - which is about £80 cheaper than HD 650. Really digging the 6XX sound. Might be looking at Massdrop again if I do decide to upgrade the amp down the line!

These tapes are so low on Sony’s quality level that they don’t even sell them in their home country of Japan. Are they really that bad?

Over on my second channel a review of a very rare tape.

Figured this would be the best place to ask my inquiry:

My TV does not have an headphone jack and I’d like to use my wired 3.5 mm headphone on it. From what I can gather, the most pratical solution would be to use a DAC. What would be the best option that

-Has optical input (TV doesn’t have RCA), bonus if it comes with a cable
-Is usb-powered
-Is preferably under the $100 range?

There are a couple of ways:

• DAC would take audio from your TV
  • HDMI Audio Extractor would sit just before your TV in the HDMI chain

I’d get one with volume control.

I’m not sure if there would be any lag involved in either?

There are a bunch on eBay for about £20, though I don’t have any experience of them.

This looks like what I want. Why do all of these things have completel verbal diarheaa for descriptions

Your TV doesn’t have an RCA audio output? What does it use for audio out?

Mind telling us the TV model?