Analogue & Retrousb FPGA Consoles OT

Yep! Really glad it looks to be a success. As much as I love my NT Mini and its crazy high end feel, going a bit more mainstream with the Super NT and a lower price seems to have been the right decision.

FPGAs are the future for sure. Can’t wait to get mine. I’ll keep my SFC Jr for the CRT but the Super NT will fully replace the SFC/OSSC as far as my HDTV is concerned

I’m so glad they sold out! I’ve had one in my cart several times but managed to hold off. I really have no idea why I want it except for something new and shiny. I’m going to hold out for news on a jailbreak firmware.

What make/model FPGA is in this?

I’ve been looking into a MiSTer which is based on Terasic DE10-nano FPGA board and has a whole bunch of cores already available. But of course you don’t get the lovely case or controllers.

That and RGB out. I am glad that the demand is there because:

Wow, I don’t think I’m the target market for this, but that truly is a beautiful looking console. It’s nicer than the OG SFC, NA SNES, and SNES JR.

I wasn’t a fan of the Analogue NT as an NES replacement - I thought it looked a little amateurish. And the metal chasis just felt a bit too over the top. But this time, they really have a nice design. It’s playful, minimalist, and serves as a fitting homage to OG hardware.

1 Like

I was on the fence about pre-ordering for about a month, lol. Glad I did!

I wanted to wait until I read/watched more impressions before ordering one so I guess I’ll be waiting a while. I don’t really mind.

Same here. Plus it’s more of a novelty item for me at this stage as I’m pretty happy with my setup. And it would be nice if later it doesn’t cost $80 to ship it to me :cold_sweat:

I wasn’t a fan of the Analogue NT as an NES replacement - I thought it looked a little amateurish. And the metal chasis just felt a bit too over the top. But this time, they really have a nice design. It’s playful, minimalist, and serves as a fitting homage to OG hardware.

Couldn’t agree more.

I just love the idea of bringing my SNES carts out of the retro room and into the living room again on the big HDTV. If it does more stuff eventually via other cores/jailbreaking, that’s just icing on the cake now.

It’s amusing to me that my PSX and PS3 games have to move to the retro room while the SNES carts will be coming downstairs to the living room again thanks to the lack of backwards compatibility in the PS4.

But who wants to play those old games anyway?

I would have bought 2 and shipped you one from Los Angeles. I am sure I could have done that cheaper. It only cost me $20 to ship both the NT & the SNT to my house combined.

1 Like

That is very kind of you :slightly_smiling_face: May hit you up on that for a later restock actually!

1 Like

Remind me and I will give you the measurements and weight when I receive it and then if they restock, we can figure out what the double shipping would be. since it would be a gift from me the duty would be less at least. I assume this is what part of the cost is.

1 Like

Will do, thank you! The exchange rate may even be better by the time the next lot rolls around too :sweat_smile:

I have absolutely no issues with the $50 it costs to ship to here in the UK considering I paid the same for my NT Mini’s shipping and that was shipped to me in two days. Ordered around 10pm UK time on 26th December and it arrived lunchtime on the 28th via DHL

That’s service worth fucking paying for!! Heh

Sure beats parcelfarce

Not to mention the quality of shipping materials. Saying that, a slower, cheaper option would be nice.

Totally agree on that, the metal and design was tacky, but these look like a nice mini version evoking the original design.

Somewhat like the Famulator Famiclone:

I literally had one in the shopping cart and noped out hard when it said $80. Absolutely ridiculous.

I was starting to have a bit of regret with the choice of transparent, but it looks alright in these photos:

jpg%20large

So it can switch between those colors?

I got the one inspired by the Famicom and I’m legit happy I did. The only one I like as much or close to is the black one. I full intend on buying the black controller. I really wish they let you customize the buttons. I think the black controller with the colored Famicom buttons would look legit. The US purple would probably be awesome too.