Analogue & Retrousb FPGA Consoles OT

Nice! I was hoping we would see some new info soon.

I haven’t really followed them as a company. When they release something, is it a one and done kind of thing? Or do they keep stock for a while? Basically, do I need to pre-order or can I wait until it comes out and reviews come in prior to ordering?

I need to order the Super Nt, don’t I? It really looks awesome. I’m going to wait til Friday to see the features, but for the price, it sure seems like an awesome buy.

The original Analogue NT NES machine used parts from real nes and famicom and those were very limited. I had one and sold it to buy the NT Mini. No regrets whatsoever. They usually have inventory for a few months but I wouldn’t expect it to be the case. Paying $450+ for a NES people will balk. Paying $190 for a HDMI SNES that likely will play a lot more than SNES games if jailbroken is going to be an instant buy. I expect these to sell out before they have inventory.

Lets see what friday brings us. I expect all of these features to be in

1. Probably going to allow it to be jailbroken to work with other consoles like the NT MIni did.
  2. Probably will allow Rom patching so you can run rom fixes and translations even with your own carts.
  3. MSU1
  4. 5x Scaling for HD Displays (maybe more who knows)
  5. Going to work with Everdrives
  6. Loading Roms off your SD card.
  7. And one more thing too…

Crap, need to get on it then.

Wasn’t #5 already confirmed?

Probably, but I only said that because my Mini does and so I figured it will be official in what they have to share on Friday.

My real hope is that they bring in TG16 & Genesis compatibly too. I also think they might give Neo Geo a shot again either through this box or a new box.

Oof… $39 shipping. That’s a punch in the gut.

They charged me $25 for 2 consoles and they shipped separately. I’m in Los Angeles though.

#5 is confirmed as they said a sd2snes was used to test compatibility with every title.

neogeo would be a sub standard experience imho because getting a decent arcade stick to work with the snes port will be a nightmare. would rather they did it properly and have db-15 ports which you can then get usb adapters for.

It does have usb built in. Might be able to use that.

I guess it’s because I’m on the East Coast? I dunno. I decided my birthday is in January and this comes in February (hopefully) and it’s something I’m sure I will enjoy so I pre-ordered. They apparently charged my card right away which isn’t real cool, but I’ll deal. They seem to have it together in the ways that matter with the final product.

Definitely want this thing

I have never bought anything like this. I’ve always been an official products kind of guy. This will be uncharted territory for me, but I’m kind of excited. It’ll put the SNES into my living room again, and tbh, the included Turrican games were a major reason I went for it. I don’t own either of them and Super Turrican 2 is worth a mint.

Notable for US buyers, my credit card company stopped the charge initially and had me confirm it. Keep that in mind if you order. I guess it just looked suspicious?

Thanks for the heads up. I’m waiting to see what they have to announce tomorrow.

It might be because of who they’re using as a payment processor? I see that the company is based in Seattle, WA and an office in Hong Kong, too. The payment may have been overseas. It makes it even more interesting that the shipping was so high. I’m kind of hoping that means I’ll get overnight or something?

Bottom line is if the product turns out as good as it sounds (or really, just performs as advertised beyond unannounced features) then I think the $230 after shipping is still a really reasonable price. I pre-ordered a controller for $40 through Amazon too. They seem to be selling those through them.

Soon…

Boot music.

Not sure I’m a fan.

They just walked you through the UI menu that didn’t look like it’s functionally much different than the NT Mini except for being higher fidelity and including a gamma boost feature and 1:1 scaling.

Controlling the buffering, it’s basically like GBI standard, LL, ULL as best as I can tell. Different buffering options for different clock speeds. Disable interpolation = nearest neighbor, I guess? I just realized my NT Mini firmware may be behind if this stuff is in there. Skins and color options for UI is nice. Hybrid scanlines.

Honestly looks good, now tell me about jailbreak and external DAC. :slight_smile:

I ended up pre-ordering one. I wasn’t originally going to and then got some spare cash at the beginning of December and said fuck it. Here’s hoping this thing is awesome.