Analogue & Retrousb FPGA Consoles OT

I wrote it and was half asleep :joy:

Can someone help me understand why or how ā€œArcadeā€ can be listed in this list of cores for the MiSTer.

http://retrorgb.com/mister-cores-without-add-on-boards.html

Wouldnā€™t that need to be on a board by board basis, or at the very least a motherboard by board?

My understanding is that FPGA mimics the specific hardware on a console, and I just assume that until the late 90ā€™s, most arcade boards had varying levels and numbers of components.

Yes, see the list of supported arcade games in the sidebar:

Gotcha, thanks.

Thatā€™s a pretty good list of classic games on there. Does anyone have impressions of them or the NES core?

Try these support forums for MiSTer

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=117

I think the thread title should be edited to be more all encompassing in regards to the general topic of FPGA consoles. The MiSTer has becoming something of a big presence in this area and letā€™s not forget the old MiST (RIP :disappointed_relieved:).

Consider it done !

@Mega @Socksfelloff

Probably shouldnā€™t, we should make a MiSTer OT. Keep this one as Analogue thread.

The MiSTer will have specific things to order and parts to get while the Analogue will be its own thing. Lots of guides, set ups and daughter boards. I only added the MiST to this thread per someoneā€™s request.

The MiSTer topic will drown out all other discussion unleas analogue announces new hardware. If we have one thread for the MiSTer it will be easier to follow for new users or referencing guides and cores.

Kawika made the thread as an Analogue console thread, so best to change it back. Didnā€™t mean to step on anyoneā€™s toes.

Oh you arenā€™t stepping on my toes. I think its just going to be easier going forward to have a MiSTer topic. This thread is important to keep with Analogue and FPGAs that are using carts. I think the MiSTer is a Raspberry Pi for those of use who like real hardware.

Iā€™ve been thinking we should make a MiSTer thread but I havenā€™t wanted to put effort in because it seems when the SG came about we made a new thread. I think the progression of the MiSTer in the next year or so is going to be extremely impressive.

Analogue has a place in my heart and I want to keep supporting them, even if I am happy with the MiSTer just because I know that they are going to make hardware that plays carts, supports controllers and generally keep the spirit of the console they are basing the console after.

I need to revisit the main post and add the SG. I am also planning on starting a MiSTer thread.

MiSTer OT

No problem. I updated the thread title. Was this correct? I forgot what the original title said.

I forgot the exact title. Looks close enough to me.

@Kawika @Peltz

Old title is still in my browser recently visited:
Analogue & Retrousb FPGA Consoles OT

Can anyone with an Analogue Super NT answer the following questions for me please

Iā€™m in the UK, would it be best to buy PAL or NTSC carts to use with the super NT?
(I know they are both compatible and PAL carts are more readily available in my area but I would prefer to use NTSC if they run at full speed but Iā€™m not sure if running the PAL carts in NTSC mode will cause problems)
Also, will my GB everdrive X5 work with the super Gameboy plugged into the super NT without having to mess about about with the firmware?

Difference between the m30 and m30 2.4ghz

1 Like

First video Iā€™ve seen of a game running on the SG.

Is it crunchy enough @Socksfelloff ?

Iā€™ve been waiting YEARS for the analog video out dongle for the Super NT. I wonā€™t buy the console until I can play it on a CRT.

I mean you havenā€™t been waiting years for an analog video out dongle for the Super NT, since it only came out a year ago. It released on February 8th of 2018.

3 Likes

I feel like Iā€™ve been waiting years.

1 Like

2 Likes