Analogue & Retrousb FPGA Consoles OT

At this point I think the DAC is vaporware, feel bad for people expecting all the adapters for the Mega SG because they likely won’t come out either.

1 Like

Like I said on Era, I won’t buy the Mega Sg until I can buy the adapters at the same time. The amount they charge for shipping is too high for me to justify making multiple orders to get everything if they’re ever made.

1 Like

All they need to do is enable 240p output via the HDMI port and we can roll our own.

Yes, but it was announced that it was HDMI only some months before.

Surprised there hasn’t been a post about this yet, but Analogue announced that they’re shipping the Mega Sg early. The video runthrough of the menu also confirms a dither smoothing option, which I was really hoping would be there.

There’s also some photos of it paired with the Sega CD.

1 Like

That looks awkward, I kinda wish they released a large version for those that want to pair it with a Mega CD

I actually wounder how hard it would be to transplant the internals into a proper Genesis shell.

It looks like someone trying to pair a Genesis 3 with a Sega CD.

It looks silly. I loved that the Analogue NT was the exact size as the FDS.

I’m salivating over the extensive audio options on this thing!

Dang what do you do when you have food in front of you? :smile:

He sticks genesis carts in it. I’ve seen him do it.

It’s savage.

1 Like

So if you only eat veggies its vegan, if you only eat meat its carnivore (I prefer mea-gan).

So if you eat Genesis carts is it “cartigan”?

Dadjoke.gif

It gives me blast processing though

Hopefully not nasty robot farts too.

Lol

I wonder if they did any research into how many people planned to use it with external adapters like this? Maybe they thought making it bigger just wasn’t worth it for the vast majority? I don’t know.

That’s probably exactly why… Most people will sit the little thing under the TV where it looks pretty, right next to their SNES Classic.

I have a spare genesis model 1 shell… Transplanting it would be a fun project.

Yeah… that looks off.