Analogue & Retrousb FPGA Consoles OT

Somehow I missed (or just forgot) that they were including the Master System adapter as a pack-in with the Mega sg. That’s awesome. I’m so excited for this thing. I know it’s not a “new” console but I’m legitimately more excited for this than any other console release for the past decade. And I already have so many ways to play Genesis carts, but I just can’t wait to get this thing.

I’m conflicted. I want to say when people talk about the genesis/md they aren’t talking about any of the CD library. I didn’t even know the CD existed growing up.

But then on the flip side this is a product marketed to “hardcore enthusiasts” and I’m pretty sure every one of those “hardcore enthusiasts” has their genesis docked with a CD

How many “casual” consumers bought the Super NT over the SNES mini? I’m genuinely curios about their sales numbers.

Man I really need to harden my core :sweat:

1 Like

You own a Neo Geo man, You’re the HARDEST of core. You can’t flex any harder

1 Like

I…must… flex… more…

image https://media.giphy.com/media/3oeSAJJWOZOWeK4Zzi/giphy.gif

image https://49.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnv2s8r06A1qzkrxho1_500.gif

1 Like

I’m hyped for Analogue’s Mega SG & have preordered from the official site does any one know how long their delivery times to the UK are?

4 Likes

My Super NT arrived within 5 days of shipping, they use DHL and its tracked all the way, import duty was £40

1 Like

If I were Analogue I would have Kevtris working on a Sega CD/ODE add on for 2020 so it could serve as a sales injection after the first year of sales taper off.

Now that would make sense. I wonder if the mainstream market is there for a Sega CD though.

Welcome to the site!

Much like the original Sega CD, I don’t think the market is there for that.

Welcome newcomer!

1 Like

Thanks for the info

Welcome @Ubik

My Mega SG has shipped!

3 Likes

I just bought mine today.

1 Like

I was going to skip the Mega Sg… but I’m considering it. I really do like all the options that the Super Nt provided. I definitely don’t need it, though. I felt like the Super Nt was definitely a better value proposition for me personally, but damn it, I love the Sega Genesis and its library so much.

Mine just shipped too. I hope the adapters go up for sale soon. I have a back log of Game Gear carts I’ve been gathering.

I’m waiting to see the reviews before ordering but I’m sure it will be good based on my super nt (hopefully we will see the jailbreak released soon)

I was hoping they would announce them ahead of time and allow us to add them to our order. Their complete silence on it, along with their absurd shipping fee’s makes me hope a jailbreak eliminates the need for the adapters.

1 Like