Awesome Games Done Quick 2020 | Toss a Coin to Your Speedrunner

Welcome to the Awesome Games Done Quick 2020 thread! Awesome Games Done Quick (AGDQ) is a long-running charity event where the speedrunning community comes together to raise money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. AGDQ 2020 will be running 24/7 from January 5th to 12th, livestreamed on Twitch.TV, featuring many speedrunners from all over the world running many of your favourite games. Viewers are invited to donate in order to unlock bonus games and events, or to enter in to raffles to win cool prizes. Games Done Quick has raised over 22 Million US Dollars since its inception, making it the largest fundraising event for Prevent Cancer Foundation! This year AGDQ will be held in Orlando, Florida by Universal Studios.

Want up to date info on Games Done Quick events!? Check out Games Done Quick on Twitter, Youtube, Twitch, and the Games Done Quick official website!

Button_Twitter Button_YouTube Button_Twitch GDQ_Button_Final

The Prevent Cancer Foundation is a United States-based non-profit organization which is dedicated to cancer prevention and early detection. Founded in 1985, the Prevent Cancer Foundation has won awards for transparency, and can average of 79 cents of every dollar donated goes directly in to the charity’s programs, including cancer-related research, cancer awareness, and reducing the legal and economic barriers to cancer treatment. Find out more at www.PreventCancer.org

Banner_Watch
Games Done Quick events are partnered with Twitch.TV! You can find all their events (including AGDQ, SGDQ, GDQX, Frame Fatales, GDQ Hotfix, and more!) on their official Twitch page:
Button_Twitch

Fear not! With Awesome Games Done Quick running 24 hours a day, all week long, you’re bound to miss some great runs. Fortunately, it’s easy to find VODs on both Twitch and YouTube. /r/Speedrun has an updated VOD thread with timestamps for Twitch VODs, and GDQ gradually uploads runs to their YouTube channel. Even if you just missed the beginning of a run and want to rewind a short amount of time, Twitch automatically uploads a VOD of streams even if they’re still live! You can find the current stream in the “Recent Broadcasts” header under Videos on the Games Done Quick Twitch page.

Games Done Quick Twitch VODs: https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/videos
Games Done Quick YouTube VODs: https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesdonequick
/r/Speedrun Live VODs Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/ek9zmz/agdq_vod_thread_2020/

Schedule_Button_Final
All events, complete with Game, Runner, Runtime, and Donation reader in a handy format which automatically converts to your local time zone! Plan which days to skip out on work or class, or the optimal time to take a “bathroom break.” Keep in mind that the schedule will shift over time as runs finish under or over estimate, and additional bonus events are added.

Juked.GG has also created a tool which enables you to set up alerts and notifications via browser or email for runs that you’re most interested. Check it out here: https://juked.gg/events/lHzdHdpM6ZW1wXmb1zaf

Want to donate!? There are multiple ways to contribute! Donations can be made directly to PCF via Games Done Quick’s portal. Alternatively, you can buy cool limited time T-Shirt, Buttons, and Banners from The Yetee, an official partner of Games Done Quick. All profits from this merch is donated to PCF via GDQ!

Dontate_Button_Final Button_Yetee_fixed

Want to see how high the donation total has gotten? Maybe you want to see the upcoming incentives or prizes? Games Done Quick provides a simple donation tracker!

Tracker_Button_Final

Q: I really love Awesome Games Done Quick, but Twitch chat is awful! Where can I go to discuss the marathon free of spam, bigotry, and bad memes!?
A: We have a long running community which originally started as a private Twitch chat, and has since moved to Discord! Feel free to join us, just please read #info and familiarize yourself with the rules! Discord_Button_Final

Q: Wow! This event is awesome! How do I attend!?
A: Unfortunately, you’re required to register in advance to attend. Since Games Done Quick events come around twice a year, make sure to be on the look out for the next one! All info for attendees can be found here: https://gamesdonequick.com/attend

Q: WHAT THE HECK!? THEY’RE USING GLITCHES!
A: Speedrunning is the process of beating a game as fast as humanly possible ! This includes the use of glitches. The number of glitches used varies by game, of course, and there are a variety of categories which each utilize different strategies. The schedule entry between the time slot and the system the game is being run on shows which category will be featured at AGDQ, including “any%”, which is beating the game as fast as possible without restrictions, and “glitchless” or “no major glitches” categories which disallow some or all glitches.

Q: Dang this is so cool! How can I watch more speedruns!?
A: The Games Done Quick Twitch channel hosts an increasingly varied number of events all year around. Other marathons (including European Speedrun Assembly, and a number of tournaments and community marathons) are regularly hosted all over Twitch. Simply searching for speedruns on Youtube, or glancing at the SpeedRuns.com leader boards will give you a host of awesome runs to watch.

2 Likes

I’ve always thought this was a quality choice

Yeah, for sure. I think it’s slightly more US-centric which isn’t always ideal, but since SGDQ benefits Doctors Without Borders, that hardly seems like a fair complaint lol.

Event’s live!

Not gonna lie, I do like SGDQ’s cause more, but whatever. I’ve always enjoyed the events for the games/runs and would watch them without a cause so anything is a bonus to that.

Damn AGDQ is always so rough on me every year since it starts the day MAGFest ends. Can’t get a break.

I feel that. Usually it’s the week I begin classes for the spring semester but I lucked out that my new institution is starting next week lol.

Marathon wrapped up with over $3.1 million raised.

Now I get to spend the next month watching all the runs I missed. Yay content.