Cotton - Bless those *cotton* Socks

COTTON REBOOT ANNOUNCED FOR SWITCH

Japanese retro game shop BEEP have announced a reboot of the classic side-scrolling shoot ’em up Cotton as Cotton Reboot , releasing this year on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam.

BEEP also intend to release the game on floppy disk for X68000!

The Switch version will be both physical and digital, adding an arrange mode as well as the original mode. Screenshots added below. Thanks to Naruki and Famitsu.

4 Likes

Cotton Original is no Cotton 2 or Boomerang for me, but this is really cool news. I wasn’t expecting Cotton’s inclusion in Umihara Kawase Fresh to lead to something like this. I’m in for the arrange mode and physical releases alone.

Hopefully if this does well Success will give them the green light to have other games in the series be revived for modern release. Cotton Boomerang would be a good fit given its sky-high price and Cotton 2 could have Boomerang-style combo shortcuts to make it more accessible to play on the Switch and Dualshock 4 D-Pads.

This is the greatest thing. I love Cotton, the X68000, and BEEP. I can’t wait to pick this up. I wish I could find a release date.

That’s so cool they’re releasing it on X68000 too.

Speaking of which, would be awesome if Cho Ren Sha 68k would get some kind of re-release.

Looks like another Cotton related tea cup appearing

1 Like

I’ll take 30

I love how they’re making an x68000 version in 2019.

BEEP! releases a few X68000 games a year. I always pick them up when I’m visiting. This is much bigger than most of their releases though.

1 Like