Everdrives (& other flashcarts too!)

Honestly I think this is probably the best time they could have released it. For them I mean. Far enough away from the normal Black Friday sale for people that just want the newest thing to bite on it right away then another surge of sales at the sale when people like me, who like to wait and see, will want to buy it.

I placed my order today, but I sold my SD2SNES a couple of weeks ago at nearly full price so it was a pretty cheap upgrade on my end.

Save states are what got me across the line, I have a SGB2 and Everdrive GB X7 so I have no interest in emulated GB support.

I already have an Everdrive 64 but I need a Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive N-8 and SD2SNES.

Late to the party but I heard the SD2SNES got a lot of support since last summerā€™s Super FX update. SA1 and S-DD1 support alongside a SD2SNES Pro being released. Impressive stuff! Iā€™m currently happy with my SD2SNES but later updates and the inevitable Black Friday deals might tempt me to pick up the Pro. Will see

2 Likes

dying to get a Neo SD pro now but that priiiiice

1 Like

@Peagles i see you my friend! before i try to make the leap, is there a cheaper/smarter option? just really wanna finally dive into that library without waiting forever to switch games!

I mean, Iā€™m mostly just liking the idea of you spending that much coin on it :stuck_out_tongue: But really I donā€™t think so? Thereā€™s the Darksoft cart but that seems pretty out of reach also.

1 Like

yeahā€¦the NG forums (i know thereā€™s a battle going) swear by the Neo SD plus, the darksoft is said to have better loading times then the non plus so i thought Iā€™d ask hereā€¦i just want whatever makes the most sense without waiting 2-3 minutes on garou i guess!

as someone who legit enjoins even arcade approaches to sports games, i just want whatever o
is the cheapest/best option all around!

Have you considered the Non-plus version of the NeoSD? Though the load times on that are even longer I think. So maybe you donā€™t want that. I want a NeoGeo flash cart since my Phantom-1 converter doesnā€™t work right any more, and it seems like Iā€™ll be on Furrtekā€™s Fusion converter wait list for all eternity, but damn are they expensive.

(this was aimed at IrishNinja,not Shin)

I gave mine up and went with a Groovymame setup in my Neo cab and havent noticed a difference at all, and its $400 cheaper. I know thats not what your asking, but many Neo fans are cool with the 161 cart and Groovymame is much more accurate than that thing.

yeahā€¦i was this close to just emulating & being done with it (like i do for MAME stuff) but i spotted an AES in osaka for 18000 yen and had to bite! figure i may as well go all in now, haha

1 Like

Ah,yeah. Your kinda stuck now,there are no cheap options with the AES.

1 Like

Pushes Irish into bottomless pit

2 Likes

Stone Age Gamer put up the various cart shell options for the SD2SNES Pro today.

https://stoneagegamer.com/flash/snes/carts/sd2snes-pro/na/

Think their old branding looks better. What an odd thing to care aboutā€¦

I really love the Krikzz one in the super famicom cart.

2 Likes

im looking at the feature list, and still not sure what exactly the pro model does over the dusty old regular ass sd2snes

Right now itā€™s pretty much the same but in the future itā€™s going to be able to do things the SD2SNES couldnā€™t do(or do well) since it has a more powerful FPGA. Hereā€™s some speculation of what it can do:

Super Gameboy support.
Fully functional save states included with audio chips state.
Turbo mode for SFX.

1 Like

The parts used for the regular one were also becoming more difficult to procure so it was either redesign it or stop making them all together.

I have an AES and the non-pro NeoSD and itā€™s been incredible for me!

Maybe every flashcart should load slow so I play the same game longerā€¦ :wink:

Mine was a (very gracious) gift and I know itā€™s a lot of money but itā€™s really so great :slight_smile:

1 Like