Everdrives (& other flashcarts too!)

I’m with ya. I just want the sticker to put on a US cart for when I get mine.

I originally thought that too, but in the interest of compatibility, I decided to go with the super famicom cartridge, I case I ever get a EU system or a Super Famicom.

The SD2SNES cart I have has an ugly label, I ended up buying two alternatives (not decided which one to use yet) from retro game cases.

I’m leaning more to using the Zelda one over the Starfox label.

1 Like

That Zelda label is sweet

1 Like

I’d still rather it just have the US cartridge look since it would be what I would use it with majorly and a reason I’m getting a cartridge instead of just running it off some emulation device is all visual/nostalgia anyway.

Just picked up a 2DS for the first time and I’m wondering what the best flashcart/multi-game options are for it (or any model of 3DS). Thought I’d post here before the DS OT.

If you want to run 3DS backups and you don’t mind doing a little bit of work then I suggest hacking it, dump your game cart and then install the game directly onto your systems SD card. It’s not difficult and there’s a handy guide you can use that walks you through the setup. If you want to also play some original DS games then I suggest you get a R4i Gold 3DS Plus which also works on an original DS and can also make hacking your 2DS easier.

I know that there are also flashcarts that can run 3DS games like the Sky3DS+ or the Stargate 3DS but I have no experience with those and I hear that their may be incompatibilities with some games so ymmv. Since Hacking the 2DS gives you the abilities to play backups without the need of a cart at all I personally never saw the point in these flshcarts.

Yeah, with CFW, a flashcart for 3DS never seemed necessary. My collection fits easily on an SD card. For DS, an R4 card was much more convenient than something like TWiLight Menu++, but it’s an option that some people like.

I’ve got a Supercard DSTWO that is draining my battery with its stupid onboard processor, would you recommend the R4i for use with a DSi?

Definitely, I use it on my DSi mainly since I prefer the way DS games look there over the 3DS. It doesn’t have any extra processing built in so it won’t put any extra drain on your battery. It can’t play GBA games though but if you hacked your DSi then you have alternatives.

Yeah, I have installed CFW on my DSi but after reading about some of the issues with gbarunner2 I’ll stick with my GBASP for now. I was never satisfied with anything other than GB and GBC emulation on the DSTwo anyway.

Then this is perfect. On top of running DS backups it has cheat support as well as homebrew support which I use on my DS lite to backup my GBC/GBA games.

Does it support save states?, I suppose it doesn’t matter as the only reason I used them on the DStwo is because the thing would flatten the battery when I put the console to sleep.

It has save states and cheats, as well as good integration with slot 2 devices for running GBA games on DS Lite.

Has pretty much any feature you could want.

1 Like

The R4i Gold 3ds Plus still the best card to use for just DS games? It’s not one of the ones with the expiring firmware right?

It is one of the best ones. And well, certain models don’t expire I think.

1 Like

Yeah, this is what I use. No issues and no expiration:

2 Likes

It’s why I provided a link because that’s where I got it and can vouch for its authenticity since there are a lot of bootlegs out there.

1 Like

Does anyone have a Benn Venn El Cheapo for GB/C? I ordered one recently, price was right.

maaaaaaan

is the newer SMS everdrive gonna have save states? wish to hell my old one could get em patched in, so many classics I’m just not gonna finish without em