Everdrives (& other flashcarts too!)

Just use the tried and true method of leaving the system on for 6 months straight.

1 Like

Uh, the MasterEverdrive X7 has save state support.

for real? like, solid stable ones or the booty ones that’d fail half the time on the old mega ED firmware?

*just checked the amazon listing:

. Save States function and In-Game menu function (Due the hardware specifics, in-game menu and save state function does not work with Japanese Mark-III and Genesis/MegaDrive with Power Base Converter).

damn, now im really bummed about my old one not doing that :anguished:

okay so my everdrives are all up to date (sans sd2snes - PC wont read the SD for some reason but it’s working!)

so now that they’re good: the N8, Mega ED & SD2SNES all have some form of savestates now yeah? how do you go about setting up/using them on those?

For the Mega Everdrive(which I have), push down and start, and it’ll let you go to a menu that has a save state option. The SD2SNES needs a certain firmware(like 1.8 that has that feature) that allows save states and you’ll be able to press Start+L to use save state and Start+R to load save state. As for the N8, you can manually set it up, but the default is down and start to save save state and up and start to load save state.

2 Likes

In general I love the everdrives (GB + GBA) I have but the V2 Everdrive 64 I have just doesn’t work. I’ve tried roughly 10 SD cards formatted in every way I can but I can’t get it to work. More frustrating is that it did work back when I bought it but I reused the SD card ages ago for something else. Hesitant to buy another one because from what I read the SD card reader Krikzz wrote is still very particular for the other versions. Frustrating!
I’ve resorted to just buying up a bunch of carts instead but since my console is PAL they will all perform worse than the NTSC versions I could be playing.

Where to buy Everdrives these days? Stone Age Gamer’s crap, Amazon won’t post to Australia now, and the official site closed. Retrogate only has some old dregs.

Might even get a chinese pirate one because at least the postage is reasonable and possible.

How about Ebay, it’s where I got my Mega Everdrive from.

Ripoff supreme it seems.

I sold a few of mine earlier in the year in a cash grab, assuming I could pick them up from Krikz again easily, well that plan didn’t work out lol

I’ve got an X7 that I’m willing to sell to put the money towards the Mega SD, I’m based in Australia and purchased it directly through Krikzz if you’re interested?

Well, I got mine from retro_saikou on there and he seems like a reliable seller.

for regular sd2snes, is there a more stable firmware supporting save states? I’m using 1.8.0-frs7v8.1 and its buggy, music keeps playing over loads and crashes keep happening

also can’t access Mega ED in game menu but apparently that’s my fault for wanting my 32x plugged in…uggggghhhhh

Why not amazon? That’s the official store now.

Nah thanks, it’s a 64 and a basic Game Boy I’m likely looking at again soon. And eventually a SD2SNES.

Amazon won’t post to Australia now.

What?!

Checks Krizz’s site.

NOOOOOOO!!! I am worried the black friday deals are going to go away now. I really wanted to buy some this year.

I just ordered an ED64 from Everdrivestore.com which is one of Krikkz’s resellers. Their prices are the same and the carts don’t look like the putrid Stoneagegamer versions.

It should show up next week with any luck

I wonder if it got too difficult (too much work/micro managing/customer service) to get stuff out of Ukraine. BF 2016 I got my stuff before Christmas. Last year it was mid Feb iirc (West Coast US).

Ah man, RIP Black Friday deals

He never did it himself. Mentioned on twitter that he was switching to a new fufillment company and web store so that’s probably what everdrivestore is.

There will likely still be black friday sales.

1 Like

From what I can see via tracking my cart shipped out of NY.

Ukraine to Australia wasn’t too bad it would usually take about 2 weeks sometimes less.