Game Boy/Color/Advance OT + Collecting Thread - Get into it!

Man, I never did my Action Replay disc to work in my GameCube. Works fine in my Wii, but the GCN won’t read it. It reads other games and the GBP disc just fine, though… Grrrr

That’s odd?

1 Like

DOL-001 or 101?

F1 pics with a Game Boy camera? Why not, lol

For anyone that collects GB/GBC loose carts, Really Useful Box do a 0.7 Litre box (cost around £6 each)
They hold 20 GB cartridges almost perfectly & 18/20 GBC carts.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to find something similar for loose GBA. Most of my GB stuff has the old plastic boxes.

Got a friend at a game store hook me up with a Mario promo box that was used for…something. If anyone knows let me know. So I coupled it with a LV box that I found kicking around the parent’s place to house my GB and GBA carts.

LV should make gaming cases. That would be cool.

1 Like

I’ve been using a couple of these for storage. The only thing I don’t like is the price…

Man, Designer gaming cases would be pretty sweet. Or at least some kind of luxury range of cases for Switch, 3DS, PSP/Vita or DS that don’t either look it’s been designed for kids or the Hell’s Angels.

1 Like

I’m going to have to give these a listen

So if one were to start buying some Game Boy games, specifically to be played on a Super Game Boy for now, which would be the best among them? I know Donkey Kong ('94) is on my list and Mole Mania because I’ve played those on 3DS Virtual Console and enjoyed them, but I’m not sure what else to look for really? I was not a Game Boy dude. Thanks!

I was going to type a list then figured it would be easier to just tell you to search for the best GB games. Something like this or other lists: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/feature_the_26_best_nintendo_game_boy_games_of_all_time
Just remember the SGB only plays GB games and black cart dual GB/GBC games (not clear cart GBC games). Be prepared for the prices of some of them.

This is a good starting point for many systems.

Easy ones to get right away are the Mario Land games, all of them, and then Link’s Awakening and Kirby. Then it really depends on what you are into since the system has a lot to pick from.

Thank you for posting this - I have this issue with my GBA and had no idea how to fix it. I will be giving this a try for sure.

Playing a bit of Gameboy Player on my Gamecube and wanted to grab one of those Hori SNES controllers… but damn they are pricey. So now I have a raphnet SNES to Gamecube converter cable coming in the mail. Looks like a decent compromise.

IMG_20180827_1232595

1 Like

I have both. The Raphnet adapter with a good SNES controller will serve you just as well.

As a bonus, hook it up to a Smash bros GCN controller adapter for Wii U/Switch and you can use your SNES pad on the Switch for old school games.

2 Likes

Cute box. Was that some special edition or just the normal JP packaging?

I really wish I could find a pocket in the big plastic case that I got my first one in.