Gunbird releasing on Switch Dec 7th

Glad you enjoyed the pics, Hori makes great products. My Hori stand only cost about $9 as well. I really hope we get a lot more shmup re-releases on Switch so I can take advantage of it more. Would be nice to get some Cave games and hopefully M2 ShotTriggers (assuming that hint M2 dropped pans out).

Well, between the shooters and all the Neo Geo releases already there and sure to arrive, I think the system is well on its way to being one of the best ways to play arcade games without resorting to hacks and emulators. It’s perfect for that sort of thing on the go too with the ability to suspend/resume at any time. The controllers are certainly workable too.

$7.99 is the right price also. My biggest problem these days is there is just too much awesome to play and not enough time in the day!

Awesome news, the Switch is really turning into a great machine for arcade-lovers!

Picked the stand up two weeks back when I was in Manila. It is really great!

If only that stand could support my 60 inch flat screen :thinking:

1 Like

Just rotate that 60-incher!

2 Likes

I’m on US central time, about what time do new releases go up on the Japanese eShop? I like to buy my Switch arcade releases the day/night before whenever I can, love that region free.

It is up already now.

Impressions are welcome if anyone picks it up early! :slight_smile:

BTW, I got an offer from Paypal today for $5 off $20 or more on the Nintendo eShop when paying with Paypal. That makes this game $3 with another purchase and since I haven’t bought Strikers yet, I’m going to throw these two and either Sonic Mania or some Neo Geo stuff in the cart to get the $5 off. Check your e-mail if you use Paypal!

Nice, will get after work. Nothing like a good old school shmup to enjoy on a winter afternoon.

I’ll need to grab this game and Strikers.

Put an order in for the Hori stand… but not just for these shooters. Undocked Splatoon sucks to play handheld with joycons connected because motion controls feel hampered and the unnatural feel of tilting the whole system. The alternative of using the built-in kickstand places the system too low to the table and has a bad viewing angle. Excited to try out the new stand in a couple of days!

Sonic mania is amazing if you haven’t played it yet. Definitely don’t sleep on that.

Got some Japanese eShop points and downloaded the game, time for some TATE!

1 Like

If I get a switch for Xmas or sometime next year I’m totally buying this and strikers and one of those hori stands. That’s way cool.

I really wish they’d bring out a physical Swicth NeoGeo collection. Would that even be possible considering the different developers and licenses?

Anything is possible when the lawyers and their clients want to make something happen.

It all comes down to money (like anything in life). But the more niche, diverse and aged the IPs are, the lower the likelihood generally speaking.

The Neo Geo Humble Bundle some time back had games from various devs in it. I think it’s totally doable. That said, I think they’re making a lot more money with individual $7.99 releases so don’t get your hopes up.

I want Windjammers on Switch.

Looking forward to the fourth release next!