M2 working on 3DS remake of Aleste (Mark III/SMS)

Aw, that’s alot of neat stuff. :no_mouth:
I guess they’re all the extra games included with the 3D Classics physical releases in Japan, am I right? I’ve been more than tempted to grab a cheap Japanese N3DS only for those collections, but never managed to actually do it.

Yeah, I never looked on the Japanese eShop to see if any of those came out digitally but they’re all on the physical compilations.

1 Like

I’m guessing this will be canned by management at Sega in favour of a Sega Ages release on Switch.

Shame if it happens - the 3D in the 3D Classics releases has been phenomenal, and the 3DS’s display is pixel perfect for these titles. Not to mention it’s simply more impressive knowing that they’ve programmed the game for the modest 3DS.

I agree. I much rather have old titles in closer-to-native-res on 3DS with added depth, than simple emulation scaled up on Switch.

The 3DS screen is downright perfect for retro ports.

2 Likes

I’m a bit gutted this never got released, but I’m glad I was off the mark and it’s getting the Shot Triggers treatment with even more extra functionality over the Sega Ages ports.

Can only hope the screen filters are good to make up for the lack of native resolution + stereoscopic 3D in a 3DS version. Never understood why certain M2 releases have less screen filter options than others.

Interesting… I’ve actually been watching for this game for sale in NA. It’s called Power Strike, and was only released in NA as a mail order item with a blue and white cover and manual. It’s one of the more rare titles for the Master System.