MD Mini Game Predictions

Guessed 4/10 tonight. Ghouls 'n Ghosts, SF2SCE, Super Shinobi snd Phantasy Star IV. A little better than the last 10. Pretty happy with the rest of the announcements, but there’s still a few heavy hitters i want in the last batch!

feelsbadman.jpg

They’re shipping it with SFII and still using 3 button controllers in NA. WHYY

Here’s the list of the newly announced games:

1. Mega Man: The Wily Wars
  2. Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition
  3. Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
  4. Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  5. Beyond Oasis
  6. Golden Axe
  7. Phantasy Star 4: The End of the Millennium
  8. Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
  9. Vectorman
  10. Wonder Boy in Monster World

Only thing on the most recent list that I don’t really care about is Alex Kidd. Still a pretty good hit rate. That, Altered Beast, and maybe Space Harrier 2 and Golden Axe are the only things so far that feel like meh slots, but I can also see why each are included.

Was really hoping to see MUSHA. It’s odd for it to be a region specific one. Not that it matters since it will likely have all the games I want to put on it anyway.

Slap Fight MD confirmed as part of last 10 titles. WOOP

for retro reference
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-12-death-from-above-the-making-of-slap-fight-md

Here they are

1. Columns
  2. Monster World IV
  3. Dynamite Headdy
  4. Assault Suits Leynos (aka Target Earth)
  5. Langrisser II
  6. Alisia Dragoon
  7. Road Rash II
  8. Slap Fight MD (expensive!!1!)
  9. Snow Bros.
  10. Lord Monarch

BONUS
41. Darius MD (brand new port!!!)
42. Sega Tetris (rare!!1!)

AND

1 Like

Only got 2/12 predictions correct for this last batch (Dynamite Headdy & Columns).
I’m a little bit miffed they didn’t include Ranger X, Rocket Knight, Alien Soldier (in Japan at least) and Gauntlet IV… but gotta give them props for coming up with some games no one would expect. And the bonus games really show they went above and beyond!

I need that MD tower mini! It’s not some joke, right? looks so cute

What’s up with the boxes, is it a promotional display to create hype or some fun collectables?

Seems you can purchase the MegaCD, maybe the 32x and the S&K cart is Japan only?
Edit: was an old april fools tweet from GAME :confused:

And for the western release;

• Tetris
  • Darius
  • Virtua Fighter 2
  • Alisia Dragoon
  • Monster World 4
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Road Rash 2
  • Eternal Champions
  • Columns
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Strider
  • Light Crusader

A few more that I really wouldn’t have put on it, but overall a good list. Sure I’m disappointed about lack of MUSHA and expected the lack of Sonic 3/K, but both problems that I think will be solved in time.

Also hope I can get that CD attachment without the 32x one. >:C
Seriously though it does seem like a good way to house additional hardware, like a hard drive or something. Not that the storage would be needed but always good to have options.

I think those attachments might be purchasable, they’re purely cosmetic but that’s expected.

Is that 3,980 yen I see? about £29/$36. Worth it for the power of tower.

Virtual Fighter 2? What a waste of a slot!

Yup. Light Crusader isn’t much better nor is Eternal Champions. I feel the same about Road Rash 2 but know there are people that are hyped about it’s inclusion.