New002's Boring AF YouTube Channel [Playthroughs, No Commentary]

I’m looking forward to this sword!

Both games are worth a play through, but I found the SNES version to be the better game overall. The Genesis version has some great things going for it, but i was less frustrated and had more fun on the Nintendo side. Because of that opinion, its how I acquired my tag.

Two uploads today

(SNES) TMNT: Turtles In Time Co-Op Playthrough [60FPS]

Thoughts/Musings (Also in video description)

A classic Konami beat-em up. I’ve been playing this game casually since it came out. The fact that it can easily be beaten in one sitting means it’s a popular choice when friends want to play something.

The use of Mode 7 during neon night riders and in the foot soldier screen throw mechanic is still awesome to me.

I’m interested to see how the Genesis version compares!

(GEN) TMNT: Hyperstone Heist Co-Op Playthrough [60FPS]

I grew up with an SNES and so I had never played Hyperstone Heist prior to this video…only Turtles in Time…so it was interesting to note the differences and similarities.

The inclusion of a run button initially threw me for a loop but after about 10 seconds I loved it. The run button really sped up the combat when compared to Turtles in Time, where you have to hold the direction for a bit until the character starts running.

The level structure was really interesting as well, where what would have been multiple levels in the SNES version instead flow into each other to create these kind of multi-stage levels. Definitely jarring coming from Turtles in Time.

The audio was very Genesis of course. More of a chiptune type vibe going on. The voice work for the Turtles was tough on the ears through the Genesis.

Overall I really enjoyed the game and will be playing more of it in the future.

You don’t enjoy cinematic 6fps?

It’s honestly amazing how poor some of the gameboy games were now that our expectations have changed. I tried to play a couple games recently on my original brick gameboy and between the terrible screen refresh rate and the slowdown in certain games, I’m amazed I used to be good in some of those games.

It’s impressive how terrible the OG GB screen is with that ghosting. I’m amazed I could play it for hours on end as a kid. Backlighting and biverting helps with that though.

Agreed, one of the old ones I was trying to replay were the old donkey kong land games and I’m not sure how I used to see anything that was going on with some of the crazy timed jumps you have to make. It literally feels like you’re playing blind with how bad the screen is. It’s been years since I had played it so wasn’t expecting that at all.

Have any plans for more playthroughs?

That I do, but retro game are on the back-burner for now. Game time will become more limited come week and I’m on a PC backlog mission starting Monday.

Next time I have a friend over though I’d like to get a Pirates of the Dark Water SNES recording.

New upload. Co-op session with @balb

(SNES) Final Fight 2 Co-Op Playthrough [60FPS]

This was my first time playing Final Fight 2. Prior to this I’d only played Final Fight (Snes/Arc).

At the end of the day I just straight up did not enjoy this game as much as the first one. From the characters, to the stages, to the music…it all just felt inferior. I’m not sure if this goes against the general consensus but it’s how I felt. It was fun to play through once, but I can’t see myself going back to it. The one bonus is that it has co-op, whereas the first does not.

2 Likes

Nice, glad you are making videos again!

Hoping to at least upload another this week, if I can manage to beat either game ;_;

1 Like

Gonna watch this tonight!

1 Like

First off I want to thank all the people that have helped me out on the Discord and have taken the time to answer questions and look at sample videos while I continue to learn and experiment with capturing this footage.

I’ve finally got a scenario dialed in that I think works well, and I just want to reach out to people here for their opinion on which of the following videos they prefer. Source is Super NT @ 4x 1080p60, captured through Xcapture-1.

Untouched capture

All black bars (top, bottom, sides, cropped out, and image “blown up” to fit 1080)

I know the top capture is the truest and cleanest representation of the game, but I’d like to know what people think feels better to watch for them personally.

Thanks so much!

The bottom looks better on mobile. Borders for mobile are always going to make the image look too small.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. That’s where my head is at. I do a lot of YouTube watching on my phone and not losing that screen real estate is huge, and I think offsets the less slight quality hit, but wanted to get some feedback.

Have you tried the Super NT at 720p? I heard something about scaling for 1080p that causes those bigger black bars on the top and bottom. Unless you can mess with those too. This vid from MLIG may help with that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_OW_t9RXEM

Looking good @New002 . You should upload @4k though to take advantage of the better audio bitrate( That may have changed since I was last uploading)