Post your Retro Setup in Here

This looks really stylish!

1 Like

Looks great!

1 Like

Looks cool!

1 Like

Love it! Every single one of those is a timeless classic!

1 Like

That is a really smart and cool way to use a shelf as a display.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve always wanted to display the cases facing out, but space was always the issue. I’m really digging the visible boxart.

It looks really inviting too, like you’d want to actually pick a game off the shelf and play it.

1 Like

Exactly. I was getting overwhelmed the way it was and the good titles were getting lost in the shuffle. Really glad I did this.

1 Like

Yeah, not unlike a retail display.

1 Like

Great idea, looking forward to seeing your nintendo side.

Thanks! I just finished earlier today, I’ll just update my latest post.

Love it! Scroll up everyone!

1 Like

Awesome! Looks so good I tried to like the same post twice.

1 Like

Glad Muramasa, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and Warioland Shake it made up the prominent display portion of Wii titles. Those are probably the best 3 games I played on that system.

1 Like

Looks very inviting. Such a cool display!

What labels are on the top of the N64 Carts?

Also, is Wario Land Shake It a good game on Wii? I’ve always been curious about it. It’s telling that it’s one of the “marquee” games on your shelf.

1 Like

I ordered them on Etsy. Had to grab the entire library of labels for that system, but I felt it was worth it. Also, I like Warioland a lot, but there’s no widescreen option if that’s your thing.

It’s a fantastic game but it does have some " waggle" gimmicks if that’s also not your thing.

1 Like

Super clean and nice! Everything looks brand new!

1 Like

Blast, that is TASTY. Love all the choices for games facing outwards.

1 Like

Not much changed on the setup, but did a little redecorating this week to make it feel a bit more homey in here. Added coffee tables, a pillow, and a much needed floor rug. Also pictured is a side table in the distance you can’t really see, but it’s where the plant is sitting next to the couch. Sorry about the different lighting. Haven’t been home during daylight this week yet:

Before:

After:

Don’t mind my girlfriend’s makeshift art studio in the background of that last pic.

I think the minimalist vibe is gone, but I think it’s alright. Worth the trade off for some visual warmth.

Next up is cable management. (Seriously it’s happening this winter!)

Edit: Actuallu just found a better like for like comparison on my phone:

Last edit: just added a new clock I got for my birthday, a wall plant, and another new plant. It’s like a forest in here.

10 Likes