Post your Retro Setup in Here

Much improved. Minimalist is great until it starts to feel like everything is a wall. That’s where fabrics come in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. It makes a huge difference.

I may even grab some curtains soon to complete the look.

I really love your set up. Awesome work.

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

@Peltz this looks so warm and inviting, love it and love the improvements too!

1 Like

Perfect amount of stuff and all of it is so tasteful, love that two-person-two tone sofa!

1 Like

I think the warmth all that stuff brings is worth the tradeoff easily

1 Like

I didn’t think much had changed, but looking at my initial set-up pics it’s definitely a cleaner and nicer look now I think. Anyways.

Edit: Copy and paste from Discord as SpiceOrange asked why the 4 tvs?

PVM for playing and capturing on PC.

OLED in front of blue sofa is hooked up to AVR + speakers for home theater type movie watching.

Sony on other end of room for casual lounging about, Wii U multiplayer with guests, and there’s a table in front of that one so we’ll eat dinner there some times.

JVC D Series for anything non-scart. Nice for stuff like N64 multiplayer or PSX Pop’N Music.

9 Likes

Looking good. Is that a consumer CRT in the last image?

Yeah it’s a JVC D-Series I managed to find on Craigslist. Was like an hour away in the middle of nowhere. Was free and came with the remote. Guy wanted it gone and didn’t want to just throw it out.

What inputs does it have?

Composite, Component, RF, dual S-video.

http://www.us.jvc.com/archive/televisions/32tv/av_32d501/

Something about wood panel walls that give me a feeling of nostalgia.

Looks great @New002

@Peltz The D series are pretty well regarded consumer sets. I have a 502 that has 800TVL! They are shadow mask and have a curved screen so many like them over the Sony stuff.

Sweet setup! Why do you not have your Model 1 Genesis docked with your model 2 Sega CD?

Thanks!

As to your question, I have no idea. The Sega CD actually belongs to balb. He’s letting me borrow it.

Can’t hate someone that have a Mountain Dew poster (AKA the best soda, don’t @ me)

Those are the front and side panel artwork from a commercial standing cooler like you might find at a convenience store.

When I picked it up it was Pepsi branded. I couldn’t ever get the thing to work so I decided to recycle it but before I did I was like let me salvage this are. Turns out it was double-sided.

It’s too bright to be a basement. :grinning: Great job updating it! I love that there are multiple ways to play and having the N64 hooked up to the JVC is a great idea. Just pull out the chairs, plug in smash and start the party.

The JVC D line CRTs are great. 700-800 TVL goes a long way for 240p content.