PS2 Appreciation Thread | The Greatest Sequel Ever Made

My MC with the Xenosaga 1, 2 and 3, with also VF4 EVO corrupted from hell and below. Also I can’t delete the data or save anymore.

For make things worse, my PS2 is refusing to read PS2 CD now, so the homebrew that I burned for formatting my MC isn’t working. Also, no more TTT :frowning:

Wanted to pick up some of the rarer ps2 titles for my collection. I really regret not getting them sooner prices are ridiculous. Still mad I missed out on kuon for 60 a few years ago.

Got my tax returns and decided to fill out my PS2 and Xbox collection a bit before the prices go super crazy. I only had Gitaroo Man, Clock Tower 3 and Maximo vs Army of Zin. But over the last couple days I’ve ordered:
Samurai Western
God Hand
Ape Escape 2
Ape Escape 3
Mister Mosquito
Half-Life
Maximo Ghosts to Glory
Twisted Metal Black
Adventures of Cookie & Cream
Tony Hawk 4
Odin Sphere
Grimgrimoire
Airblade
Tokobot Plus Mysteries of the Karakuri
Rygar
Grandia 2
RAD
Rouge Galaxy
War of the Monsters
Ys The Ark of Napishtim
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Tenchu Wrath of Heaven
MDK 2
Metal Gear 2
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Prince of Persia Two Thrones
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy Xll
Kings Field The Ancient City
Xenosaga Episode 1
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Disgaea 2
Mad Maestro!
Musashi Samurai Legend

And today I went to a local retro store and bought a slim PS2 and a couple games

Still have a few things I want to get before prices get more nuts, but pretty happy with it so far.

1 Like

Just bought Kuon for a “good” price. Feel a bit dirty. But I know I’ll most likely not find it for cheaper.

Naw it will only go up in price over time. Great game though.

Yeah, it was a good deal considering the current going rate but I’ve never spent that much on a single game. I at least know I could sell it for more than I paid for it in the future if I needed so it’s not too bad.
I already own Haunting Ground and now with Kuon the only game I’m missing of the holy trinity if Rule of Rose. Doubt I’ll ever get it.

Just hard juggling if you want to just buy one super expensive game or a bunch of mid priced awesome games.

I’ve been actually considering selling some of my lower end stuff I don’t play to fund the higher end games.

Knocking off the higher end stuff first before the prices inflate to a point that they are unattainable is a good plan. Just have to do it quick enough so the prices of the mid tier stuff that you want doesn’t sky rocket in the mean time.

Luckily I’ve got most of the games I want for the system. I got in early and got really good deals on a lot of the games. I remember ordering a ton of ps2 games from gamestop when they were clearencing them years ago. They were having things like buy 2 get 2 free at cheap prices.

I bought a PS2 Slim SCPH-90110 CW stand for my ceramic white model but got sent the wrong stand (the SS, or satin silver one). Bit gutted really, going to have to buy another one…

If anyone has a satin silver model I’m happy to sell it on and ship it out once I get a ceramic white replacement.

After loving Wave Race 64, I needed more Jet Ski action. So: Wave Rally on PS2

Very nice, the Moving Shadow drum’n’bass soundtrack was a nice bonus.

1 Like

Have you tried Splasdown Rides Gone Wild? Another really fun jet ski game.

1 Like

Yeah, that one is pretty good.

I have I thought it was just OK. I wasn’t so keen on the crazy theming.

I’ve yet to try the original Splashdown.

Wave Rally is much closer to Wave Race 64, really great.

So I finally got GSM working in a way that I can visibly see the difference. Very cool.

Does this look like a legit controller?

It does to me. I bought 2 later model PS2 controllers in the same packaging with the same copyright 2010 between 2011 and 2014.

Same here. I see no difference.

Thanks, I’ve never bought a PS2 controller individually and saw a decent amount of fakes online so wanted to make sure. Appreciate the help!