Retro Chat 2019 - Like Discord but more forumy!

:laughing:

I’m going to use that next time I see a 4:3 game stretched…

I didn’t know you guys had a discord server too, may I have an invite?

Cool! I tend to grind alot in RPGs anyway. If I head to a new town and there’s some sweet new items I’ll usually grind till I can purchase them before moving on. If I’m in a dungeon I make sure to clear the whole thing. If I find a hotspot that seems to drop good money/items/xp I’ll grind away there for a bit too.

Tends to make RPGs alot easier and honestly more enjoyable to me.

Nothing like a good grind in an RPG to make you feel like you’ve accomplished something. My goto when playing a portable RPG is to go downstairs where my record player is, and get some LPs listened to while I grind away.

Sent an invite

After picking up a PSVR recently and not wanting to wear glasses with the headset, I decided to revisit the idea of contacts. I don’t wear my glasses often - pretty much only wear them for driving, movies, and gaming. I tried contacts a long time ago. However, I gave up quickly because I had a hell of a time trying to put them on.

This time around, I’m actually starting to get the hang of it, and they’re amazing. I feel like I can see better with the contacts than with my glasses. I have a monthly pair right now, but I’ll most likely switch to daily’s, since I probably won’t be wearing them all the time. Not having to carry around my glasses everywhere I go and having the option to go with contacts instead is pretty great. :+1:

That’s cool. I don’t need glasses yet but I feel like contacts would feel really freeing if you’ve been wearing glasses a long time.

1 Like

Well, that didn’t last long. Haven’t worn the contacts for a few days. Tried putting them on today and one fell in the sink. :sweat_smile:

I feel like that’s gonna happen a lot. Losing them that is. Definitely gonna switch to daily contacts now.

Whoops! :sweat_smile:

Have you considered laser ? My wife and most of our friends have got it done and swear by it!

I’ve always been super hesitant to have any vision correcting surgery on my eyes because of the risk factor. I know it’s incredibly rare, but I don’t want to be part of that 1% that suffers from halos or perpetual dry-eye with no way of ever going back to undo it. It would be nice to say goodbye to glasses and contacts, though.

I didn’t think my vision was bad enough to require corrective surgery, but after experiencing contacts vs glasses, it’s definitely something I’ll look into. :+1:

Make sure to check your benefits/welfare plan. Mine actually covers the surgery so my wife was able to claim it !

1 Like

Will do. Thanks for the advice! :grinning:

I think that everyone in my life that had glasses has now had the surgery. Happened to gradually that I didn’t even notice it. I think I’m going to look into it this year since this is the first time in my life that I’ve kept the same prescription for two years in a row. Last time I had the assessment done they told me I would need to do it in two passes on one of my eyes because of how bad it was.

As for if something goes wrong, losing my eyesight is one of my “welp I guess I’m checking out now” situations so I can understand the hesitance. So much of my escapism and enjoyment of life comes from visual mediums that I’d just rather not of I didn’t have the ability to see anymore.

I find myself wanting to buy a PS Vita, but mostly for MGS 2 and 3…which I already have on ps2 and ps3. Salt and Sanctuary also looks pretty good. Any Vita owners here? Worth hitching a ride on that dead train? (I didn’t see a Vita thread)

I noticed last night that the keycards in the Raccoon City Police Department looked suspiciously like HuCards in the new Resident Evil 2 remake…

1 Like

Lol looks exactly like one. The pull grip thing especially.

Vita is great, especially with homebrew!