Retro Game Boards Logo Contest

I like Blastprocessed idea. I think we need to put those coloured RGB letters into the whole name though as coloured letters. We could remove the Pr Y and Pb stuff.

Maybe make use of some CRT filtered lettering too?

Try using an extra wide one to see how it behave, if it scales properly, etc.

I can try to obfuscate the logo’s origins a bit if that’s the concern:

2 Likes

And with scanlines:

1 Like

As you can see I removed the PrYPb/RGB. I think I like it simple like this.

retrologo 2

1 Like

@blastprocessed looks neat!

I like that.

This as well, silly or not.

Still think the original, non cropped, logo is the bets

I pinched blastprocessed’s idea for mine (sorry!) but filled in the holes and made the outer ring the letters.

I went for that not quite blue not quite purple for the SMB1 homage! Had SMB3 logo in mind with the angled font there tho it’s a bit different now that i look at it properly!

3 Likes

What, no love for Scart?

And it’s an accurate pinout you can look at when making your own cables!

2 Likes

someone stop me

6 Likes

Lmao @khaz winning hands down.

Also, I agree with @apathetic, two days in and I’m already used to the current one. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Well, my morning is officially off to a good start! lmao.

Some nice ones in here! I made a rather generic one just for fun:

3 Likes

Those are awesome! Like, really REALLY awesome.

1 Like

I somehow find it satisfying that our board got its first meme/inside joke on day 1

Go boars!

2 Likes

I was thinking this to. The moment I saw the boar picture I was surprised I actually got the reference and how the meme spawned from the day 1 shuffle getting RGB up and running. FeelsGood.

The Boar is still alive and well and hasn’t been fixed lol. If it didn’t actually prevent people from visiting the site I would be fine with it staying!

Thanks! Seeing room for improvement when looking from the phone tho. Like adding spacing between the color segments on the horizintal lines.

Good call on the spacing.

Here’s my go at it :slight_smile:
Two lockups with the forum name (I’m partial to the first one), a simplified lockup, and then just the icon its self to be used without any additional wording.

1 Like