Retro Game Boards Logo Contest

This is very very similar to what I was picturing when I first came up with the name for the site. I had that convergence picture in my head for the logo.

I think you may need to put the red circle on top, green on the bottom left, and blue on the bottom right… so that it’s in the right order in accordance to our initials.

Yeah I wanted some sort of graphic element that could hang on its own without any verbiage and this concept immediately came to mind.

Ah yeah I read it left to right starting with Red but I can mock up an alternate easily enough. Will do that now.

I see why you did it though. When you put RGB underneath like in the bottom right, it looks good. Hmmm…

Yeah the initials sync up that way which is nice :slight_smile: It’s my personal preference between the two.

I like the top one better too. It would be even better if it is possible to have multiple logos, depending on whether there is a thread title on the top line or not.

Like Peltz, I think it would work better with a representation of phosphors, instead of an abstract representation of colour addition. Three parallel sticks of the same size with mingling glows for the aperture grille (Trinitron) effect, or staggered for a slot mask effect. Zoom on my first entry here for an example of the latter.

I like these… the picture would make a great favicon as well as a pleasing image that shows up in the top left when scrolling through the forums

How would you handle a dark theme version?

Some more options (try and ignore the weird outline on the dark bg conversion option, had to do a quick and dirty solution for that)

We could always tweak these colors ofc, for example finding a different blue that provides higher contrast on a dark BG.

Light BG

Dark BG

I definitely don’t like the longer green symbol in the top row on these, but damn… the others are nice and clean.

We are going to have a really tough time choosing something in the end. What I love most about yours is that they will be so simple and iconic if that’s the route we decide on.

I do think you had it right before I intervened though… green should be on top, red on the lower left, blue on the lower right.

Thanks! And yeah simple and iconic is the goal for sure. I’m a graphic designer by trade so I’m glad I can put those skills to use and help contribute!

Actually, regarding the circles, could we see red on the top left, green in the bottom middle, then blue in top right? instead of a pyramid, it will be an upside pyramid?

(I may be nit-picking)… your original design will likely look better than this tweak as well)

Then I’d suggest rotating it by 45° (or is it 27.5°? Let’s do it halfway and say 30°) to remove any horizontal, vertical and diagonal alignments of the circles.

1 Like

Can I vote for the current one?

I like all the entries, but the glow of the current logo has a real charm about it.

I don’t like the idea of logo rotation. It’s best to stick to one iconic look if we’re trying to build something here that people recognize and remember.

1 Like

I just wanna chat with chums who share the same interests. :c

Could use the idea of a rotating banner with the other options after settling on a set small, iconic, icon.

I think creating a memorable and iconic brand and identity like Mega was getting at is extremely valuable. This is part of why I’m personally not a fan of the rotating logos idea as it runs counter to that. Like I said earlier though my professional background is in design and so I can’t help but think in those terms @_@.

Whatever logo you end up using, I just wanna say there’s some damn fine ones in this thread, well done.

1 Like

No kidding. We have some talented members here.