RGB High Score Battle! - Week 8: Donkey Kong

If this score holds then next week’s game will be chosen by the community.

Best so far. Increased a little bit more but still not getting anywhere with stage L=03 25m.

1 Like

Walk out to meet the blue barrel and jump over it right after it hits the ground. Quickly climb the ladder and jump forward over the first brown barrel without grabbing the hammer. Quickly climb the next two ladders, you should be able to make it to the middle section pretty easily if you get up there quickly.

NES version, game A. Had time for two attempts. First one was better than the second.

Nice work! I’ll create a new thread to take suggestions for the next game.

Page updated with all the scores. Congrats SAKY on your first win!

1 Like

Thanks, I have now become “ok” at Donkey Kong. :smile:

Thanks for the advice I was mostly doing that already, but usually falling foul to having two barrels spawning not too close together that you could jump over both of them but also close enough together than trying to jump between then resulted in the second jump hitting the second barrel anyway on the 5th platform.

If you weren’t aware - the arcade version of DK has been released for the first time ever outside of the arcade cab (and the DK64 Easter egg); out now on Switch eshop. Three ROM versions. Maybe one to revisit later in the year if we have a best of/second chance type rounds…

Oh cool. I never really dug the game though. Maybe the controls in my local arcade are damaged but I can’t really get the feel down.

I think the jump is a little weird but once you get the hang of it the game just clicks. It’s a timeless classic IMO