SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

Hi, some screenshots on a regular CRT Sony Trinitron 15 inches.

MD RGB, Thunder Force 4 :

SFC RCA, Contra Spirits, F-Zero, Super Metroid, Castlevania 4 and Super Mario World.

N64 RCA, Ocarina of Time :

7 Likes

Looks awesome! I love those little consumer sets.

Welcome to the site!

Thank you ! I’m glad to discover the site.

2 Likes

Man I really miss seeing fuzzy video quality like this.

Also Hi new guy! :grinning:

1 Like

Nice shots.

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Welcome to the club.

1 Like

Great shots, welcome aboard!

1 Like

Don’t feel like rotating monitor, so I’m getting better at sideways Outzone

4 Likes

Man that game has beautiful sprite work… I’m going to have to play it now.

Was playing through we love Katamari a while back on the WEGA and I had to hang up a game and noticed this feature for the first time and found it so endearing and kind of heartwarming I had to take a picture! If you roll a big enough Katamari and exit the stage The King will comment on your efforts in this cute little dialouge and turn your current ball into a bunch of stardust to be rolled up later in the largest stage, so that even your lost progress still makes a tiny contribution at the end.

1 Like

@cornerstone It’s the good ol’ horizontal vertical shmup.

@Abwezi That is indeed an endearing game over type screen.

I really must give Katamari a play one day. Here in phase alternating land, the first time I came across it was an a video game history expo. And my vague impression was “it’s very Japanese, isn’t it”.
I’ve since only heard good things.

1 Like

The PS2 installments are best. Definitely give them a try. They’re excellent.

1 Like

Well I recently got a cheap ps2 slim. Maybe I’ll look into chipping it, or making a more dedicated effort to get the frustrating hdd adapter working on the original.

I know ESR is a thing, but I’d rather original disks or no disks.

I meant the PS2 versions of Katamari - installments of the franchise. Not installing the games.

(I don’t have a HDD either and use a PS2 slime)

Haha, yes, I did follow that, but then took it a step further in regards to my inability to currently play them natively.

1 Like

When Nintendo drops the ball fans pick it up!

Got around to hacking my switch now that I’m confident enough with the right precautions I can avoid a ban. So far it’s been well worth it!

6 Likes

Is that a shader or the raw screen?

1 Like

I can’t imagine that’s raw. Pixel density would be too low. Unless my eyes are deceiving me (it’s happened before!)

1 Like

Just a retroarch shader. Crt-easymode-halation!

1 Like

from saturn, OSSC /RGB / elgato game capture HD

obsessing with sizes has hurt my thumb >.>

1 Like