Share your non-standard gaming controllers! [img heavy]

It’s for PS3. It’s my favorite retail [1p] arcade stick. My pic does not do it justice.

I made another Wii bourbon box fightstick! Neo Geo inspired color scheme.

holy shit that is amazing

1 Like

Thank you! I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

That MC is sooo awesome! Great job!

1 Like

My SF4 Femme Fatale Tournament Edition Fightstick, Beatmania controller for PS1, Hori Super Gameboy SNES controller, Densha De Go! Controller for N64

2 Likes

I’ve never seen that Super Gameboy controller before! Waaaaant.

1 Like

I made a padless NES controller out of a cigar box. Thought it might be a fun way to play RPGS. Put A and B on both sides, cuz why not. I can confirm that it is a real fun way to play pinball quest!

Cool idea! Does it work well?

I’ve recently kind of wanted a one handed controller for rpgs.

1 Like

In my minimal use of it (about 2 hours, finished it yesterday), it works well - I think a t-shaped layout for the directional buttons would have served it better, but so far, so good!

I just picked up a Hori RAP N, but I still use this beast a ton.

1 Like

Found these while digging through some stuff just now. Don’t think I paid much as I got them as part of a bigger lot some years ago. They plug into my SNES but they look like they could have had some other adapters to be used on other systems perhaps?

Hahaha that’s so bad it’s good. It sure made me smile.

1 Like

So lately I have been messing around with the idea of a “modular” arcade stick. Basically a cigar box with a joystick shoved in it that plugs into other cigar boxes with PCBs in them. Pretty happy with my initial efforts.

PC/PS4 -

Genesis/Megadrive -

Interior:

Can’t wait to iterate on this. I’m working on a PCE controller now!

1 Like

Nice work! DIY-ing an arcade stick is on the list of things I want to eventually get around to. Assuming these aren’t your first? Did you start out with a guide or anything, or just dive in?

1 Like

So I’ve done quite a few at this point, but my main resource in teaching myself was slagcoin:

https://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html

It hasn’t been updated in a good while, but it’s a FANTASTIC resource for anybody getting into padhacking. Once you get your footing, it becomes remarkably intuitive. I used what I learned there to replace and rewire the controls on my office MKII machine :slight_smile:

The biggest hurdle is getting over your fear of destroying an old controller, haha

2 Likes

Wow, slagcoin is super in depth. Thanks!

1 Like