Streets of Rage 4 coming (GuardCrush Games with Lizardcube, DotEmu publishing)

This month!?!

Yep, last day of the month too!

Here it is guys, Street Of Rage 4 is finally here!! Is it any good? Well, I thought the initial previews were awful but here I am with my honest first time ever impressions of the game as I boot it up for the first time.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing it a bit throughout the day. I went in expecting not to like it but it plays really well, like you’d expect a modern SOR should. I like it! I also didn’t think I’d like the music, but some of the tracks are really well done!

Does anyone else think stage 3 is easier than stage 2 so far? The difficulty on stage 2 ramps up significantly compared to the stages before and after.

I beat Streets of Rage 4, I really liked it. I did Normal on my 1st run and never got a Game Over. The difficulty seems to be all over the place though I still managed.

1 Like

Played through the first stage. So far I’m enjoying it. I didn’t like the art style at first but seeing it in my tv looks amazing. I’m also really digging the music.

Yeah I like the music too and some of my faves come later on.

I’d say so. The stage 2 boss is way too tough. One of the worst in the game.

Nice. I’ve only completed it on easy. Will give normal a try tonight.

1 Like

Yeah, you definitely should. I just beat the Arcade mode as well.

So far I can only get to the end of stage 3 on normal on one credit. That police boss on stage 2 does my head in !

Two things so far that don’t sit right with me, the girls make the same sound as the guys when you kill them ? They should scream and when you swing with the scaffolding bar theres no satisfying ‘whoop’ sound. Other than that I’m loving it, worthy of them name.

Maybe tweet Omar these thoughts. I sure they’re working on a patch right now!

https://twitter.com/ocornut

1 Like

Thanks Matt, I just sent him my thoughts.

1 Like

I beat the 2nd stage boss without much trouble now, here are some tips:

Flashes red = he will try to walk up to you quickly and grab you. Has no super armor so just wait for him to start walking and punch him.

Flashes white while cocking his arm back = Will do a full screen horizontal clothesline. Just go up and down as needed to avoid.

When the screen freezes he’ll flash yellow and do a clothesline that can also go up and down. Try to get behind him before he launches the move and you’ll avoid it entirely.

He’s also just got a straight down and up punch combo thing. He has a read for that too but I don’t remember. You don’t see it as often. And of course just be careful whenever he’s flashing white as he has armor.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice, next time I’ll kick his ass :+1:

2 Likes

Nice, hope you do.

With Streets of Rage 2 being one of my favorite games of all time, I went into this game trying to suppress my high hopes and be objective about it. Any anxiety I had about it living up to standards set by the previous SOR games was swept aside within the first couple of levels. pvz game is a joy to play. The characters feel weighty and the combat packs a punch; also, there is enough variety between characters to make them all worth playing the game through with. It feels familiar, but there are also small tweaks to the fighting that only add to the enjoyment, without breaking an already winning formula. Throw in a great score by Yuzo Koshiro and lovingly hand-drawn characters and backgrounds and you have a 2D beat-em-up that not only hits all the nostalgia buttons from the early 90’s but moves the genre forward into the current day.
last day on earth is an alternative for this game.

Please do not link to games in the Google Play store in all of your posts. If you continue to do so, we will start to treat it as spam. Thank you.

I just did a no death run of this game’s Arcade mode!

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like