The official Retro Core / Battle of the Ports thread

Everyone was talking about it in the comments of last week’s video, so here it is. Battle of the Ports Jaguar XJ220.

I love this little gem. For a cheaper device it packs a lot in to a small size!

This week’s Battle of the Ports has the Sega Saturn and Windows take on the Neo Geo!

1 Like

We are back with another SNK Neo Geo classic on this week’s Battle of the Ports !

1 Like

Some footage from today and the past few months.

1 Like

After reviewing the Ayano Mini PC that looked like a classic MAC, I kind of got an itch to try out an even smaller Mini PC. I ended up wit the Blackview MP80. this thing is tinny yet ran fairly modern games at the quality of a PS3 or Xbox 360. Not bad at all.

Slightly earlier this week because I’m off out tomorrow. Here we go with a classic Japanese shooter over 4 systems.

A game that starts on the MSX, moves to the Master System then ends up back on the MSX. Classic action RPG, Golvellius on this week’s Battle of the Ports.

1 Like

said it on youtubes, but this was grand - neat seeing the MSX2 version i’d slept on. still a bummer that the ending a promises a sequel we never got!

absolutely top 10 SMS all-timer, people casting it off as merely a zelda clone really miss out

2 Likes

I wonder who owns the IP now? I’d also love to see a follow up to this one.

1 Like

A view request this week as I bring you battle of the Ports - Money Idol Exchanger.

1 Like

They’ve found me!

HOTWAV R7 Rugged Tablet - A solid performer!

New Battle of the Ports today but the Atari 8bit home computer footage is missing. I’ll upload that on Monday.
By the way, did you know that Money Idol Exchanger Battle of the Ports was uploaded last week? Almost nobody watched that one. Surprised.

1 Like

The title says it all. Check out the awful Atari 8Bit home computer port footage that was missing from the main video.

1 Like

A retro game that had an official 16bit port late last year on this week’s Battle of the Ports.

2 Likes

This phone has a built in projector with a better throw distance than my 4K projector!!

1 Like

How absurd. I love the idea of this but that phone is so thick.

Can’t argue with that. I think the best way to look at this is not as a phone but an Android powered projector that gives you access to all the media such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube etc. And also games system. This can emulate up to Dreamcast perfectly. And of course it could also be used to play media files and take some pretty good quality photos that can also be shared on the big screen.
But using it as an actual phone should be done in hands free mode because holding that to your face would soon become painful due to the weight.

This week, a game that started out life on a Taito Karaoke System.

1 Like

How is everyone? Doing well I hope!
This week there will be no Battle of the Ports but I have got some great news. Battle of the Ports Show 500 is coming on March 23rd. Can you believe that! Show 500!!!
Also, there’s a much long awaited Retro Core 5 hardware special in the works. Hopefully that will also be released by the end of March or early April.

Enjoy!

5 Likes