The things you cant find thread

Cool. Where do you live?

There are a few good stores for old school games in the Vancouver area but I haven’t been visiting them during COVID. I often buy import games online instead. The once mighty arcade scene here is dying but I guess that’s like most other places. It would be nice if we had a retro arcade like the one in Portland OR (if it’s still there) as that’s a long drive to get to. There is an arcade downtown here (that has been there since before Pong) with some '90s games but it’s not a big selection.

Hopefully, the new arcade resurgence will continue… at least in the bar setting.

In Edmonton, we have a few barcades now, and there is even a proper arcade in Sherwood Park (5 min drive to the east of Edmonton). Once COVID is over, I will be visiting the arcade for sure, but I’m not much of a fan of the barcade setting.

Tried far and wide to find a picture of the cabinet for Charge ‘n’ Blast (naomi). Not even System 16 has it

I don’t think that game had a dedicated cab or control panel.

The Dreamcast port doesn’t support the arcade stick. On the controller, movement is done with the triggers. I wonder how the arcade version handled moving left/right…

Looking into it I don’t think there ever was an arcade version, no reference in MAME’s driver or Demul, no dump of the game, as you said no cab pictures or even the game just running on an arcade manchine and no pictures of the cart or kit.

Not games but I’m looking for some old Macintosh software (Deneba artWORKS, UltraPaint, Canvas 3.0) mainly for the manuals - so I’ll shamelessly plug those here.

I use them for making graphics for Playdate games!

Reminds me of a piece of software I am looking for.

3DO M2 kiosk app development was done with a windows app called “CDMotion for M2/M2X”…and I’ve never found it