What are your Retro Resolutions for 2019?

-I just moved, so getting all my retro systems hooked up. I have everything laid out and on the shelves, but just need to hook it up, so I can get my retro game on.
-Finish Beyond Oasis on Genesis and then complete Legend of Oasis on the Saturn.
-Get Worms, Minter Classics, Crescent Memories and Star Wars: The Arcade Game for the Atari Jaguar.
-Play and finish Phantasy Star 4.
-Framing all my old video game posters and getting them hung up in my new game room.
-Play and finish another older RPG series this year, like maybe Bard’s Tale trilogy, Phantasie trilogy, Questron series or the Dugeon Master series.

Yeah but think about how much you’ll save if you buy everything all at once.

Mine is building a custom entertainment unit for all my consoles and TV.

I have a new shelf for the games, so getting that all set up is a must as well.

:thinking:

complete a few fan-translated games;

Linkle Liver Story - Saturn
Seven Mansions: Ghastly Smile - Dreamcast
Langrisser IV - Playstation
Namco × Capcom - Playstation 2

1 Like

I played it for the first time in October using this exact hack, it was phenomenal. Absolutely loved it. Pro tip: don’t recruit Alucard because I did and accdentally ended up in the hardest path to clear the game my first go around (though I did eventually clear it with no cheats!).

As for Retro Resolutions, I’m going to try to play more games on my CRT. I’ve just ordered a SCART to Component box, so I’ll be able to enjoy that crisp quality.

I also plan on finally playing the Shenmue games, especially because 3 is coming out this year (allegedly). I picked up the HD remaster on PS4 for this exact reason.

Here are mine:

Play 50 or so games

Make lots of Youtube videos on many games

Build a new gaming PC(or at least get most of the parts)

Get to games that I bought months ago and finally play them

Look for fantastic deals on games whenever possible to try to play them

Try out different game genres for Youtube

Play game series I haven’t done for Youtube yet

Play on game systems that I haven’t done for Youtube yet

Buy the remaining games that I need to complete collections of game series

Get more Nintendo Switch games

Buy games that are increasing in price before it gets to the point they would be too pricey to afford

Typically try to play certain games and record for Youtube around the time of release of a new game or movie based on that series

Actually finishing off games I started years ago but left for whatever reason. I created a spreadsheet last September of all the games I own and their various purchase-start-finish states and realised I had way too many games that I had just not touched in either forever or at all.

I tell ya, looking at a list of the 300 games you’ve purchased in the past four years and realising you’re spending more time trying to get good deals as opposed to playing the damn things is a real good kick up the backside. I’ve finished 25 games since then so hopefully I can keep up the pace!

1 Like

Dang dude, that’s a lot, good luck with that!

Thanks, although I fear I started the year off with a terrible choice in the 3DS Virtual Console release of Ghosts 'N Goblins. The gameplay is absolute hell and I can’t tell if the emulation is working all that well - the visuals are certainly atrocious.

I found everdrives ruin the experience for me. I have everdrives for MD, PCE, NEOGEO, SFC and Master System but I find when I use them I just don’t care to complete the game or I end up cheating with an AR code or something. This is probably just me but when I’ve actually paid for a real game I tend to enjoy it more. Sadly I’ll be in hell if I ever move house. Too many games as yourself plus a load of records and movies.

I did not stick to this one at all…it got worse.

1 Like