Would anyone like to start a retro podcast?

Just want to show my support once again for a podcast!

2 Likes

I don’t believe I have any Clubhouse invites but I’ll check. I think you earn them by doing broadcasts. I was invited by somebody I don’t know after tweeting about a Clubhouse event i was interested in.

Not heard of jitsi @harborline_765 but I guess the benefit of Clubhouse is the social and network effect.

1 Like

Jitsi’s an open source video conferencing solution that just works without the need for accounts and such, but like you mention there wouldn’t be a network effect since it’s not social with recommendations and users etc.

1 Like

clubhouse is only available to apple users at the moment as far as I am aware. Also would the invites things hinder progress a bit?

Perhaps a possible option for what @matt is thinking could be something as simple as a Zoom meeting with video off. Hosts could set up a theme, people could jump in by using the link and listen in. For interactivity, have a set of rules that “audience” members that want to chime in use the raise hand option, host invites them to say what they want and go from there? In a way, presentations/video examples could also be used (screen sharing etc) to help guide things along and provide context. I’ve been doing a bit of research on online teaching and have found a bunch of stuff that could drive engagement, that could be used with a seminar style (adding quizzes and stuff like that)
It is possible to record the audio/video and if desired, bits and pieces could be cut in/out and the discussion could be sexified, then hosted somewhere for posterities’ sake.

Ends up being more of a webinar kind of thing than a podcast though.

I guess it comes down to the goal of the thing. A podcast being a nice sounding controlled/focused audio programme, and the clubhouse style option being a lecture open to bit more free form in themes.

Either way, since there is nothing at the moment, could be worthwhile trialing different options.

Ah, I didn’t realise Clubhouse was iOS only. The stuff I’m seeing broadcast on there from people I’m following is quite amazing.

I listened to a bunch of stories about Steve Jobs told by some of his close friends from back in the day.

Anyway, I think we could use any software to do this. The attraction of Clubhouse was more to catch the wave of popularity of something new and interesting.

1 Like