WTB - Original model GBA with AGS-101 mod.

It’s when I started the console and no sound came out of it that I suspected a bad contact. Twisting the console made it work intermittently, then all the time. Twisting it the other way stopped the sound. I can’t do it any more though, so I guess it’s fixed? eh.

Reminds me of how I used to " fix" my old TV by beating the shit out of it 3 times an hour.

I recently put a bennvenn backlite regulator into my backlit gba and it looks phenomenal. I’ll be comparing it to a backlit w/switch when I mod the gba I just grabbed.

1 Like

Some more pics. I’m pretty satisfied with it. It’s tricky taking off screen pics with it, but the screen looks great in my opinion.

2 Likes

I’ve had the unit for about a week now and I’m still very happy with it. I had to crack it open to adjust the dpad a little bit, as I noticed while playing Castlevania that my right inputs were sometimes being registered as up-right. Adjusted it a little and it’s way better now.

All in all, a great purchase that I am very happy with.

I’m sorry to hear about the issues other people had.

Too be fair on the first point, the stock Nintendo covers are loose too. Those other problems are obviously not right, though.

Which seller is the best to get these from?

It’s difficult to say. The truth is they all work with the same parts when they say that it’s an original GBA board with brand new shell and buttons and modded with an AGS-101 screen. You can choose a local seller, that will be more expensive but you may have an easier time returning it should you not be satisfied with the result. Or go with the Chinese seller, who will be cheaper but will take more time to ship the console, and shipping it back can be annoying.

I may just have been unlucky with mine, as they obviously sell to a lot of people. eBay refund policy may be different between countries, but once it was acknowledged that my unit was faulty the seller reimbursed me of the 24€ it cost me to ship it back to China. I’m now waiting for the parcel to arrive and the full refund through eBay.

Got mine surprisingly quick. Everything looks great except there is a speck of dust under the screen and the speaker is kinda quiet. I plan on replacing the speaker so I can clean it up once I open it.

1 Like

I battled with dust under the screen for months. The last time I took it apart I put double sided tape all around the screen and that’s worked great!

IPS display?

I’m sceptical about the AGS-101 screen part in the selling descriptions, since there surely can’t be any of those left given the system’s age, and newer LCD screens will be more vibrant, brighter, have better viewing angles and more power efficient.

The screens are repro.