WTB - Original model GBA with AGS-101 mod.

I have some OG shells (mostly glacier I think) harvested from old GBAs. The third party shells are okay if you want a fancy colour but I always use OG buttons and the battery covers are always a bit flimsy.

I thought for sure I wrote something about knowing that I wanted the original buttons at least but rereading my post I guess I didnā€™t. So glad you said this.

How easy would it be for me to switch out the shell afterwards? As in does any of the work you do get attached to it in a way that shouldnā€™t be changed around without risk of breaking it? Why canā€™t I just be a normal person and just pick a color. ( ._.)

Itā€™s a no brainer really, third party buttons arenā€™t great :slight_smile:

Nothing gets attached as such but thereā€™s a fair bit of the case that gets trimmed off, so youā€™d need to trim whatever case youā€™d want to swap it to.

Does this mod negate the need for a brightness switch? (If all you want is a nice bright screen)

Results in the brightest screen possible, and a consistent and more energy efficient battery drain.

One issue Iā€™ve always had with backlit modded gbas is that the LED has a habit of switching to red and back frequently. Doesnā€™t happen with a voltage regulator

These are made by a friend of mine.

https://instagram.com/p/BfUMq9mFxGv/

Just FYI I purchased from this seller last year and received the unit back with the backlight mod not installed. I messaged him saying Iā€™d like to send it back and have it fixed and he denied it. I left negative feedback and he contacted eBay somehow and got the negative removed.

That sucks, I just ordered from the HK seller about an hour ago, too.

Mine arrived today, Iā€™ll be checking it out when I get home from work later tonight. I forgot to grab some games for it, so Iā€™ll try to do that this week.

Iā€™m actually pretty impressed! The sender included Fire Red, which was nice. Iā€™m not into Pokemon, but at least I had something to test. The screen looks great. I donā€™t remember the GBA d-pad and buttons being soā€¦ mushy, but itā€™s been maybe 10 years since Iā€™ve held one and during play it isnā€™t really a big deal. I didnā€™t request special buttons, just a clear black shell.

It got here relatively quick, the build feels good and the screen looks great, so Iā€™m happy.

Nice! Pics please :smiley:

I only have the one for now but will upload more later.

Looking good!

Mine arrived today. Iā€™m less than impressed about the plastics quality, notably the battery trap door which fits loosely. There seem to be a problem with the speaker cable, as twisting the console can make the sound to stop or start. The seller should have taken the 30 seconds needed to adjust the pot, thatā€™s just silly. Oh, and the L and R triggers donā€™t work.

Bummer. Sorry to hear that

Almost had a heart attack then - I thought I was reading New002ā€™s post and assumed it was the GBA I sold him thatā€™s out for delivery today. Sure as hell had none of those issues when I sent it!

Was reading it and wondering what the hell was going on

1 Like

Iā€™m more excited for the mail than Steve and Blue.

Exactly, but MORE EXCITED.

Huh, no sound issues on my end, but it hadnā€™t occurred to me to try and twist the console in any way. Canā€™t speak to the plastic quality, but it feels fine to me. My flash cart arrives today so Iā€™ll definitely be spending more time with it later today.