Astrocity mini - Yay or nay?

Nice additions! Awesome that you’ve preordered one too :+1:t4:

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll want one of these too :smiley: I’ve ordered one.

2 Likes

I’m sorely tempted by this over-priced gimmick TBH…
https://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/16432308/

Also link for other general crap you can buy…

1 Like

Damn you Yakumo!!!

Thank you <3

I saw the riser and little seat, its adorable but too expensive for me to bite.

Glad this is a thing, I think it was lost in translation if it was coming out or not

12,800 Yen I believe it is.

2 Likes

After yesterday’s stream revealing the final 13 games I think I’ve been pushed over the line. Can’t imagine there being much else I’m interested in released at the tail-end of the year, so this will go down nicely…

1 Like

Amazing that Flicky has been selected!

I have an original 1984 Flicky arcade cabinet. Love that game.

2 Likes

Sold out at Amiami already… damnit…

Maybe that’s a good thing though given the price.

Apparently pre-orders opened again today but it appears to be closed right now. It’s possible that it might come back again.

I’ve pre-ordered using zenmarket, I’ve used them before for pre-ordering stuff and it seems to have worked out ever so slightly cheaper than amiami with their fee. Getting hit for import VAT is going to hurt but I gotta have it!

Just preordered my unit with the game center style kit…I really hope the gated stick and emulation deliver. The NEOGEO Mini delivered with its pixel-perfect display but faltered on built-in controls and emulation.

I’m excited! There’s a lot of games on the list that I’ve never played before, and I can’t wait to try Flicky after seeing @matt wax lyrical about it

Pics please :slightly_smiling_face:

Here we go!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/emsef/kc2XQv

It’s currently on loan at Arcade Club, Bury, UK.

2 Likes

Rad.

1 Like

Glad Thunder Force AC made the cut, even more happy with my preorder now.

2 Likes

Shipping for the stick is open to the rest of the world now it seems:

Is this stick compatible with any other platforms?

I don’t know but I’m buying it on the assumption/hope that it will work on PC!

I doubt it works on consoles, I’m assuming platform holders would require specific buttons (guide menu etc) on it?

This was a new announcement. The only controllers they had before were the control pads.

My guess is that it is USB connection, so should be useful for many things… Tempting.

It was mentioned in an Game Watch article in early July but the article was quickly taken down and then returned without any mention of the stick.

Their source was the first article from Game Watch but the link is dead now. It was speculated it might have been reported in error but it seems they didn’t want to announce it just yet.