Everdrives (& other flashcarts too!)

Official word from his blog is to ask on the everdrive forums.

ah okay yeah, makes sense - hoping for more help there, glad itā€™s at least partly working again!

so yeah, starting to look like the board is borkedā€¦

does the FXPAX Pro do anything the SD2SNES doesnt? is it more stable on savestates at least?

Nope - there havenā€™t been any exclusive features other than the SGB core.

huh. whatā€™s that do, allow GB ROMs without the old add-on, then?

Yup itā€™s an super game boy core that runs on the FPGA. Iā€™ve never tinkered with it as I have an SGB2 I use but Iā€™ve heard good things.

1 Like

Iā€™m also still on an EZ-Flash IV (white, Mini SD) for my GBA which I use rarely for translations.

Today it seems the Mini SD (PNY brand) has stopped working. This has happened once before IIRC. So I wonder if I should buy another Mini SD or just f*ck it and buy a new flash cart.

EZ Flash Omega Definitive Version?

Any recommended UK sellers?

I use a mini sd to micro sd adapter in my ez flash 4.

Also since I posted that I bought an Everdrive GBA. Much faster at loading!

Iā€™ve heard good things about the omega but personally I prefer to stick to Everdrives; theyā€™re really well made and well supported.

1 Like

I use an EZ Flash Omega and itā€™s perfect for my use. The only drawback is it only emulates GB/GBC games, but Iā€™m thinking of getting an Everdrive GB for that tbh. The price is very attractive, think I got it for like $30.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got one of these, and itā€™s been flawless. I would totally recommend it.

2 Likes

I got an EZ Flash 4 micro SD version for peanuts a few years ago to replace the mini SD one. Has been using an adapter for Micro SD before that.

Bought a cheap 2GB microSD with Mini SD and SD adapters off eBay.

Turns out is was my PNY Mini SD adapter that was borked, the Mini SD card itself works fine.

So Iā€™m working again with my EZ Flash IV white Mini SD with increased storage.

Result!

1 Like

damn, my EZflash thing kinda stopped workingā€¦debating a GBA everdrive for black friday :thinking:

also, i ended up with a few extra evedrives:

• an SD2SNES that only works with a very certain firmware (sadly not the latest one), i bought it used and it can be made to work, but again not with the newest features, so far

• an old SMS one (upgraded for the newer one with savestates).

any interest in these? iā€™d porlly let the latter go cheap, the former is prolly okay for someone else to mess with :sweat_smile:

waiting on black friday to get a GBA everdriveā€¦meantime, trying to get this old janky EZ Flash IV working on my GC GBA player. anyone know any tips here? just updated firmware, not sure what else to mess with

I just picked up a GBA SP so Iā€™m also in the market for an X5 mini. Itā€™ll be my first flash cart. Do they usually go on sale on BF?

usually yeah, his whole stock goes on sale then - itā€™s why i always wait for it!

Itā€™s basically kinda dumb (or impatient) to buy any other time now.

Some older sd2snes and fxpak pro menu themes from Smokemonster were updated and uploaded last month.

I changed my stock one out for the US Lavender one. I like the cleaner look over the stock graffiti one.

1 Like

Can also use this to update any you want yourself iirc;
https://sd2snes.de/themes/

1 Like

Not trying to turn this into political-rgb, but hoping for the best for Krikzz (obviously all of Ukraine as well)

7 Likes