Everdrives (& other flashcarts too!)

actually knowing someone from there (not really knowing, he’s just a guy I bought something from recently, but still) really drives home the human element of this conflict

3 Likes

You and me both.

3 Likes

I hope he’s okay, along with the rest of the fine Ukranians!

Living in Canada, we have a ton of Ukranian folks here, including a bunch of my friends and family. I wish them all the best.

4 Likes
14 Likes

I decided that the day he restocks his stuff, if he ever does, I’m going to buy some Everdrives just to get him some cash.

Heck, I’d buy some now even if he never fulfilled my order just to send him some financial support. Been occasionally doing that with Ukranian AirBnB’s too, even though I have zero plans to visit the country.

I hope he finds peace wherever he ends up.

I’m lucky in that I’ve never experienced any sort of invasion where I live. But my wife was a refugee of her home country due to war and genocide, and has a totally different perspective on life as a result. It’s the sort of change in mindset that never really ends for those that are displaced. More than just land is taken from refugees who survive.

I just wish him the very best. Nobody deserves what he, or other people in his situation, have gone through.

11 Likes

Update on Krikkz:

4 Likes

Same, I’m kicking myself for not ordering the N64 and GBA ones during the winter. I’ll definitely buy them if they come back ever(even if there’s a price increase). Living through a war is a horrific experience and I’m glad he’s safe. The thought that many family lines have ended in Ukraine due to the bombings saddens me.

4 Likes

just seeing the love online for krizz after his years of effort is so great, like dude literally has fixed stuff that other systems have broken & he didn’t have to. i actively discourage people buying knockoffs because the quality of his work brings so much value, even in peaceful times.

that said…the newest mega everdrive is magic, and i adore having the sega-cd library there without tearing up my old model 1. for years i kinda wished he’d do a new turbo everdrive with something like the arcade card (even for the few titles it supports) but now i can’t help but wonder: theoretically, couldn’t something exist that bypasses the turbo cd hardware the way the mega does the sega-cd? man, as finnicky as my duo-r can be at times, i’d pay good money for an everdrive that includes said turbo CD library without having to chuck my hardware.

3 Likes

He’s back filling in orders from before and after the beginning of the war. What a legend. I don’t even know how postage works in a country at war like that. Hope he and his team keep safe.

5 Likes

Doesn’t Terraonion make something like that?

I’m not the most well versed on Turbographx/PC Engine (I’ve still never played one in the flesh). Does this cover less than the full library? I know there are like… 5 different types of game formats on that system.

yeah that’s exactly what i have in mind, but that only seems to work with US hardware, not my RGB modded duo-r :sob:

interestingly about Terraonion, one of the guys was disparaging krikkz on Twitter around the time he was fleeing, it was in really poor taste. just putting that out there in case this might affect anyon’es buying preferences

8 Likes

Amazing. If they make new orders available again, I will give them as much money as possible.

Yeah, I wouldn’t buy anything from Terraonion the reports of bad customer experiences and tax dodging are bad enough but those comments are disgusting.

5 Likes

yeah I was thinking of getting the MODE for my Saturn one day (already have it on the DC), but after this I think I’ll go for one of the alternatives. maybe even the Satiator since my disc drive is still going strong

1 Like

Wow. It’s alarming how tactless and unnecessary such a tweet was. Read the room. And by room I mean… global discourse from every human being.

If they feel that way (as fucked up as that feeling would be) wouldn’t it be easier to simply not post?

3 Likes

If it’s helpful at all, I bought a Satiator last year and it’s been smooth sailing. I know there are still some issues with some games, but the device itself has been great!

2 Likes

I have one too. Love it!

1 Like

Yup, guy seems like a douchebag.

2 Likes

Same it is such an elegant piece of hardware. The Rings menu is great too!

1 Like